ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-newing Spousal visa (GNIB stamp)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thestrangepilgrim
Newly Registered

Re-newing Spousal visa (GNIB stamp)

Post by thestrangepilgrim » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:31 am

Hi there! I have been calling the Galway Immigration Office since last week and it just rings and rings and rings....talk about great customer service eh? I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.
First off, I'm Canadian. Last year I married my Irish boyfriend (December) and I received a stamp in my passport allowing me to stay in Ireland. I'm sorry but I don't know what this stamp is called! The immigration officer who stamped it told me I'd have to come back to them after a year and register again. I'm assuming this means pay another €100 and get a new Registration Card. Does anyone know what I need to bring with me? I'm thinking my passport and the marriage certificate...maybe proof of address??

Any info would be helpful!

thestrangepilgrim
Newly Registered

Post by thestrangepilgrim » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:25 pm

Very impressive. Just after I wrote that post I got through! Just thought I would report what I was told in case anyone is interested.

He said I need:

1) my passport, and my husband (Irish) needs to come in with his passport
2) Because we have changed houses in the last nine months, proof of address (if it's our house, a bill; if we're renting, a letter from the landlord)
3) Our marriage certificate

Now I'll let you know if when I go in to see them I am told something different. Crossing my fingers!

Frances1978
Newly Registered

Post by Frances1978 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Hey,

Just a note, they shouldn't be charging you €100, being the spouse of an irish citizen. Says so on this webpage:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... 0nationals

Just mention this if they try to charge you again.

thestrangepilgrim
Newly Registered

Post by thestrangepilgrim » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:04 pm

Ahhh good to know! Thanks a lot for that, I'll make sure they don't.