ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requested incorrect information

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bukel
Newly Registered

Requested incorrect information

Post by Bukel » Wed May 04, 2016 11:50 pm

My husband applied for British citizenship on the 27th of November , he did biometrics etc and we have been waiting. About three weeks ago he got a letter from the home office asking for him to send additional information by a certain date . He is Turkish and came to uk on a spouse visa in October 2011 , he then had ILR and we applied to British citizenship , we did the check and send and she said the application was perfect And we met all the criteria .
They have requested additional information asking for evidence and proof of my husbands movements over a 5 year period and all the times he was out of the U.K. Plus proof of how we supported himself during This period with evidence .

I am positive this must be incorrect as I thought you only had to show 3 years which we have done , 5 years ago he wasn't in the country and didn't have a visa to enter ? So for one he would have been out of the U.K. For longer than the allowed time ?
They also want his old passport and new passport

The day after he got the letter he emailed and posted a letter explaining this and asking why was it needed as he only needed to show 3 years ? We have since sent another Email and telephoned and Haven't had a response at all ... Am so worried as feel like can't speak to anyone to explain the problem

The man on the phone said it just seems like a mistake and they will notice and let us know ???

We are coming up to the 6 months waiting

Anyone offer any advice or had simaler ? Any contact numbers that get you to speak to someone who can help

Or have we made a glaringly obvs mistake with our application ? The check and send was fine ???

Any advice welcome

noajthan

Re: Requested incorrect information

Post by noajthan » Wed May 04, 2016 11:55 pm

How bizarre.
Clearly a caseworker error or case of mistaken identity/ jumbled casenotes.

Sounds like hubby has been confused as an EU applicant.

Did he apply as spouse including your full details plus your passport & marriage certificate & etc?
Namely a Section 6(2) of BNA application?

3 years residency proof is the requirement for spouse (and no need for any economic activity either).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Bukel
Newly Registered

Post by Bukel » Thu May 05, 2016 12:24 am

Am glad you agree

Bukel
Newly Registered

Post by Bukel » Thu May 05, 2016 12:25 am

I provided my passport and marriage book to show we were applying as spouse so must be wrong on there case

erdogan1

Post by erdogan1 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:27 am

You shouldve replied back to the address on the letter stating you ( ur husband) are applying under AN6 (2) so the information they've requested is irrelevant to the application.

A friend of mine of mine also turkish...he applied and he used just passport, brp, copy of british wifes passport and marriage certificate along with life in the uk and english language certificate. Nothing else required.

erdogan1

Post by erdogan1 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:05 am

It may also be worth ringing NCS and ask the person who took urr application to ring up on your behalf as they call directly to a caseworker.... my wifes ncs did this when they sent wrong acknowledgement letter.

Bukel
Newly Registered

Post by Bukel » Thu May 05, 2016 9:25 am

Hi thank for reply. W replied explains that but worried as haven't heard anything , I wil try and get hold of the lady at the ncs
Thanks

Bukel
Newly Registered

Post by Bukel » Sat May 14, 2016 10:56 pm

Still not heard anything , have sent another emai and left message for lady to contact us .. Buy nothing !
Nearly up to the 6 months now :(