ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

discovery
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Post by discovery » Wed May 04, 2016 11:50 pm

Dear Sir,
I already spent almost three years in Tier 2 General / with work permit , Now I could face a redundancy action due to market conditions, I need to continue till reaching the indefinite residence condition , after long searching for the possible scenarios.
1) Switch to Tier 1 entrepreneur through investment of £ 200,000 option ( I need to confirm this action will not reset the previous three years also the processing time whatever application service cost to do this switch during the one month time permission after Tier 2 visa expiry ).
2) Keeping in Tier 2 through direct investment / executive partner in ongoing start up established since two years and can issue sponsorship certificate .
or else
Best regards
Discovery

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from Tier 2 to Tier 1

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 05, 2016 2:54 pm

You cannot hold more than 10% shares in the (limited) company that sponsors you and you cannot be self-employed under Tier 2.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:04 pm

1) Switch to Tier 1 entrepreneur through investment of £ 200,000 option ( I need to confirm this action will not reset the previous three years also the processing time whatever application service cost to do this switch during the one month time permission after Tier 2 visa expiry ).
You cannot combine Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) leave with leave in any other category to meet the continuous leave requirement. (Please refer Tier 1 Entrepreneur guidance Page 55)
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 05, 2016 3:21 pm

I can confirm what others have already told you.
Time spent under Tier 2 does NOT count towards Tier 1E qualifying period. If you switch, you have to start your Tier 1E qualifying period from scratch, which is 3 to 5 years.
2) Keeping in Tier 2 through direct investment / executive partner in ongoing start up established since two years and can issue sponsorship certificate .
You are not allowed to be sponsored by a company in which you hold more than 10% of its shares.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice