ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Family vistor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nagra
Newly Registered

Uk Family vistor visa

Post by Nagra » Thu May 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi,
Can i please have some advice on applying for my parents from America to come and visit us in UK.

They came last year in Nov 2015 for 5 months. It was only after they were here,i found out i am pregnant with my 2nd baby. So there was no point of going back early so that they can come on my delivery time to help me.
They went back to America on 4th April 2016.

I want my mom to come and help me on my delivery time so that she can take care of my toddler and my husband. We are planning her visit in July 2016.

Is there any time limit she can come for?
If i provide her all the necessary documents like my midwife letter and etc. will it be alright or what?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Uk Family vistor visa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Visitors should not be spending more time in the UK than in their home country in any 12 month period. I suspect July might be too soon but that is my view.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 05, 2016 4:48 pm

Six months in any twelve is the normal rule of thumb but in actuality any long visit may not satisfy the IO that the person is a genuine visitor.

There's visiting, and there's residing.....

There's a serious risk of her being bounced at immigration if she returns so soon after a such a long visit.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 05, 2016 6:01 pm

The HO don't make decisions based on compassion and the impending birth won't sway them. As Wanderer and CR001 have highlighted, a visitor can't spend more than 6 months in the UK within a 12 month rolling period. If your mother wants to avoid the risk of being 'bounced' by UK Border control, she should pre-apply for a visitor visa. If this is granted then she is good to go.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.