ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saljav

Naturalization process

Post by saljav » Thu May 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi All,

On the times post i have noticed that people are specifying dates for 'applied for passport' before receiving an approval from HO.

My understanding was that you have to wait for the approval letter than you go through the cermony and than you apply for passport. However understanding is based on when i went throught the same process 3 years ago.

My question is whether process has changed and whether you can apply for passport in parallel to you application to speed up the process.

Regards
Salman

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization process

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Now one can apply for naturalisation and passport together.

Though not sure but I believe this can only be done through NCS, not on your own. But I stand to be corrected on this.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu May 05, 2016 8:35 pm

saljav wrote:My question is whether process has changed and whether you can apply for passport in parallel to you application to speed up the process.

Regards
Salman
Yes you can. It was initially a pilot at select NCS offices from late 2015, but it is now being rolled out nationwide.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 05, 2016 8:38 pm

The joint BC/passport application (JCAP) also means there is no requirement for an interview before the passport is issued.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saljav

Post by saljav » Thu May 05, 2016 8:39 pm

ohara wrote:
saljav wrote:My question is whether process has changed and whether you can apply for passport in parallel to you application to speed up the process.

Regards
Salman
Yes you can. It was initially a pilot at select NCS offices from late 2015, but it is now being rolled out nationwide.

Really, my wife applied in march and has just received her biometrics letter, is there a possibility i can apply for her passport using ncs service? Any guidelines that you can share.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 05, 2016 8:40 pm

No. This joint service is only an option when submitting the BC application with the NCS. She's missed the boat with this one.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saljav

Post by saljav » Thu May 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Got it.

Although we missed it but i am glad that HO has started facilatating applicants and trying to simplify the process

Thanks for the information.