ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tabishkhan
Newly Registered

10 years long residency

Post by tabishkhan » Fri May 06, 2016 6:51 am

hi all the members,
hi i am new to this forum, i have been reading this forum for the last few weeks, i am on tier1 general visa and i have been reading the tax issues, whoever applying ILR under Tier1 general visa they have been asked for their previous taxes as most of the people either been refused because of deception, my question is i am going on 10 years long residence but i am on tier 1 general visa, 10 years long residence says, if you lived in uk 10 years legally you are eligible for ILR, so please anyone who went for 10 years application and ask for previous taxes response quickly as i have on 1 month left and my visa is expiring, are they asking on 10 years application as well or not share please only 10 years applicant
Thanks

Immigrantshimmigrant
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residency

Post by Immigrantshimmigrant » Fri May 06, 2016 7:18 am

Yes it is confirmed that Home Office will check your taxes if your current or previous leave has been tier 1 general. It does not matter if you are applying on 10 year long residency or 5 year continuous they will still check.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2016 7:19 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Immigrantshimmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by Immigrantshimmigrant » Fri May 06, 2016 7:20 am

If they find a mismatch you are likely to be refused and the reason will be using deception in a previous application. General grounds of refusal are now also applicable on long residency route.