ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for British Citizenship - Form B(OS)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sevendust12

Application for British Citizenship - Form B(OS)

Post by sevendust12 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:10 am

Hi Everyone!

Been reading up on British Citizenship topics, great site. I need some help if someone could kindly give me some insights.

I've sent it an application for british citizenship, Form B(OS) from Hong Kong. After tracking, it shows that it was received on April 5th, 2016. So far I have not received any acknowledge letter and getting worried as I've sent all of my original documents.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the acknowledgment letter to arrive? On the guidance booklet, it says around 2-4 weeks.

Also, do they send me a letter to have the biometric enrolment taken?

How long does it normally take for the whole process and for me to get a decision?

Thanks again for your help.

noajthan

Re: Application for British Citizenship - Form B(OS)

Post by noajthan » Fri May 06, 2016 8:26 pm

It's just over 4 weeks, and we have had Easter holiday weekend and the May Bank Holiday so 3 bank holidays in all, since you applied.
Suggest sit tight and give it a few more days or so.

Yes, you will be invited to enrol biometrics.

Did you include a pre-paid envelope for secure return of your documents?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:52 am

noajthan wrote:It's just over 4 weeks, and we have had Easter holiday weekend and the May Bank Holiday so 3 bank holidays in all, since you applied.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am patiently waiting for a letter of acknowledgement to come in. I hope this will happen in the next week or so.

Regarding the biometrics - Is this invitation sent via letter or email?

No, I did not include any pre-paid envelope. Since I'm in Hong Kong, they cannot determine how much stamp is needed to send those documents back. Is this going to cause a problem?

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:24 pm

noajthan wrote:It's just over 4 weeks, and we have had Easter holiday weekend and the May Bank Holiday so 3 bank holidays in all, since you applied.

Hi,

Just a quick update - I got a letter requesting for the Biometrics yesterday. It was sent via post along with my passport (not sure why this was returned to me). Everything else, they kept. BTW, no acknowledgement letter was enclosed, I assume that's the same thing?