ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Mother in law from Vietnam

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DanielLovell
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Mother in law from Vietnam

Post by DanielLovell » Fri May 06, 2016 11:37 am

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong section, i couldn't find a section for standard visitor visa's.

I have a question that i hope someone with knowledge on the subject could help with.

My wife and I would like her mother to come and visit us, she has been in the UK once before just after the birth of our Son in 2012, she stayed for 11 weeks in total and left long before her visa expired (she actually left early due to a family emergency back in Vietnam). Since then we have applied 3 more times for her to come back for a visit and all 3 have been refused, First was because of "Unpaid Work" because we stupidly mentioned she may baby sit for us. Second was because my wife didn't provide her pay slips, only mine were present. The third was for an equally stupid reason something about no proof of ties to her country of origin (despite having authenticated copies of her marriage certificate and proof of house ownership)

My question is this, i am writing an invitation letter that will cover all previous refusals and as much information as i can give, so far we are at 3 pages long and counting. The thing i need to know is when writing the letter i am using "We are inviting" as both me and my wife will provide bank statements and wage slips, would it be better to write the letter from just me or just my wife rather than collectively? I do earn a lot more than my wife as she only works part time and i work full time so on that basis i would be better to do the inviting but as it is my wife's mother and not mine surely she would be the better choice.

Apologies for length but it is getting really frustrating when we want her to come and visit and some total jobsworth refuses for the most stupid of reasons and they wont even ask for more proof, they just flat out refuse with no right of appeal on visitor visa's. Just seems too much like they want another £80 off us again and again.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

farrukh

Re: Visitor Visa Mother in law from Vietnam

Post by farrukh » Fri May 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi
I applied for my moms visa a month ago. I did not had enough money In my bank account so we decided that me and my missus will sponsor her visit (as she has much better balance then I have). I wrote only one cover letter and wrote that we would like to invite (my name)'s mother and we are sponsoring her visit. We were thinking to sign the letter as well but in the end we just ended up sending the letter without signatures.
Mom was granted visit visa for 10 years.

Hope this helps.

DanielLovell
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor Visa Mother in law from Vietnam

Post by DanielLovell » Fri May 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi Farrukh,

Thank you for taking your time to answer, it does help. I will continue to use we on the letter then.

Thanks

Danny