ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizen working in UK for Surinder Singh

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DingDong

Irish citizen working in UK for Surinder Singh

Post by DingDong » Fri May 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Hello Guys,

Need little guidance, I am also in the process of exercising my EU treaty rights but the other way around. I am an Irish citizen and want's to relocate to UK so I can bring my elderly mum. My question is about Intra-company transfer as my company has also an office in UK , like do I have to have a new work contract that aligns with UK laws and also the salary being paid in pounds in a UK bank account, OR can I leave everything as it is and simply move to UK and start working either from the UK office or I can also work remotely.

Any advise please!

noajthan

Re: Irish citizen working in UK for Surinder Singh

Post by noajthan » Fri May 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Are you a dual national or sole national?

Working remotely is unlikely to fly. Why would you have to 'holiday' in UK if you were working remotely back into an Irish office.

You will need to check out Irish requirements if they have any sort of wrapper around the cleaner, purer EU law (as UK does with its somewhat controversial centre of life rules).

Otherwise, if its classic EU free movement, get up to speed here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.