ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice regarding my Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xiongmao233
Newly Registered

Need advice regarding my Tier 2 visa

Post by xiongmao233 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi all,

I am currently having a tier 2 general visa with university until Oct-2017, which will be enough for me to settle in 30-Sep-2016 (10 years). However my line manager is planning to relocate recently, thus I am in a situation that my visa will be affected.

I am wondering how my line manager give 3 month notice to university will impact my visa, i.e. will my visa be terminated immediately after my manager’s notice (any curtailment time?), or I can choose to give notice separately as I have a contract with university (but I am depending on the grant of my manager). If i have to give notice, when might be a proper time to allow me reach 30-Sep-2016 to apply for ILR. In worst situation, if my manage give notice to university at the end of this month, is there any chance i can manage to have valid visa till Sep to apply for ILR?

i really appreciate any of your suggestion.

Thanks,
Dan

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Need advice regarding my Tier 2 visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat May 07, 2016 2:07 am

Can I ask why if your manager leaves it will have an impact on your role?

What you have stated makes little sense in regards why your visa would be curtailed just because your current manager resigns.

xiongmao233
Newly Registered

Re: Need advice regarding my Tier 2 visa

Post by xiongmao233 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks Frontier Mole,

My situation is that i am hired by university as a postdoc on the research grant of my line manager. Thus line manager will bring his grant away along with relocation. However i am hired by the university. thus i am not sure what is going to happen to my Tier 2 visa if the grant will be relocated or does his notice will trigger my notice automatically.