ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment cleared account but no acknowledgement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keano
Newly Registered

Payment cleared account but no acknowledgement

Post by keano » Mon May 09, 2016 10:01 am

Hi All,

I'm getting a bit anxious that my payment cleared my account on 29 April but I have received no email acknowledgement or letter from the Home Office for the biometrics. Is this a cause for concern given the time limit imposed for providing the biometrics? We have some strange numbering on my road so it is possible the postie may have misdelivered the letter. In the April timeline people charged on 05/05 got letters on 07/05 so now I am worried.

Should I contact nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to see if a letter was sent? Does the home office always send an email acknowledgement? I know there doesn't seem to be any method in this madness but anything to calm my nerves would be grateful!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Payment cleared account but no acknowledgement

Post by ohara » Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 am

Don't worry about it. If the letter was mis-delivered, HO should send out a reminder after the deadline passes.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 am

keano wrote:Hi All,

I'm getting a bit anxious that my payment cleared my account on 29 April but I have received no email acknowledgement or letter from the Home Office for the biometrics. Is this a cause for concern given the time limit imposed for providing the biometrics? We have some strange numbering on my road so it is possible the postie may have misdelivered the letter. In the April timeline people charged on 05/05 got letters on 07/05 so now I am worried.

Should I contact nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to see if a letter was sent? Does the home office always send an email acknowledgement? I know there doesn't seem to be any method in this madness but anything to calm my nerves would be grateful!
Hi,

Same thing happened with me when i submitted my application in march . What i did was i emailed NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and after 5 working days of emailing them i had a response from them that they have issued my biometrics a day before they replied me.

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Mon May 09, 2016 11:05 am

Thanks guys - I was wondering what happens if you miss the biometrics deadline so it's good to know they will send a reminder if the letter has gone astray. Bank holiday may have thrown a spanner in the mix as well.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 am

keano wrote:Thanks guys - I was wondering what happens if you miss the biometrics deadline

they will sent you a second warning letter giving you further 10 working days to submit biometrics. But i would suggest you to sent them an email on nationality biometrics and they will get back to u

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Mon May 09, 2016 11:12 am

Thanks David - what info did you give them to identify yourself? I'm assuming full name, DOB, BRP number? Will do it later tonight if I don't have any mail when I get home.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 am

keano wrote:Thanks David - what info did you give them to identify yourself? I'm assuming full name, DOB, BRP number? Will do it later tonight if I don't have any mail when I get home.
i included my full name, dob, address and contact number

keano
Newly Registered

Post by keano » Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 am

Finally got both the payment letter (dated 29/04/16) and the biometrics letter (dated 09/05/16). Guess it was sitting on someone's desk.

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Fri May 13, 2016 9:15 am

HI Keano,
Congrats for getting the biometrics letter! I'm in the position you were in - money deducted on April 29th and no biometrics letter yet. I did get an email acknowledgement on the 29th, but starting to get really worried. :cry:
GB

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 13, 2016 9:18 am

goingbrit wrote:HI Keano,
Congrats for getting the biometrics letter! I'm in the position you were in - money deducted on April 29th and no biometrics letter yet. I did get an email acknowledgement on the 29th, but starting to get really worried. :cry:
GB
The previous post demonstrates you don't really need to worry too much.
Relax. Watch Eurovision - it'll through come in the end.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.