ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it tax issue implement on my case?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizwanpcsir

Is it tax issue implement on my case?

Post by rizwanpcsir » Mon May 09, 2016 11:54 am

Dear seniors
I applied my ILR 10 years long residence in January 2015 along with extension of my 4 dependents. My wages was not enough to cover the financial requirement. So the difference I was show as self employed and all tax I was paid time I was submit the application to home office. Unfortunately my application was refused caused gap in 10 years. I appeal it against decision.

I received letter from court now my hearing due in september2016. I solicitors told me we have to submit the documents as soon as possible.

My question is........
Tax year 2015-2016 I did not paid the same tax I was show in year 2014-2015 when I was submitted application in home office.

Do I have to pay tax or am I fine in my case?

Could you please leave your advise. Thank you all
Thanks a lot

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Is it tax issue implement on my case?????????

Post by iworker » Mon May 09, 2016 2:20 pm

you are due to submit tax. How can u expect someone to say to you that you shouldnt submit the tax.

aamirwani

Post by aamirwani » Mon May 09, 2016 11:50 pm

If you were self employed in 15-16 then yes, you will need to file a tax return and pay tax on your net profit from self employment..

If you were only employed then most likely your tax will be deducted at source so, you won't need to pay any extra tax via self assessment.

Hope that helps.

rizwanpcsir

Post by rizwanpcsir » Wed May 11, 2016 1:28 am

aamirwani wrote:If you were self employed in 15-16 then yes, you will need to file a tax return and pay tax on your net profit from self employment..

If you were only employed then most likely your tax will be deducted at source so, you won't need to pay any extra tax via self assessment.

Hope that helps.
When I sent my ilr application home office along with my dependents application for extension I had to show £26000 to fulfill financial requirement. My employment was £20000+ self employed £6000= £26000. I paid tax on £6000 approximately £1200 in year 2014-2015. Thereafter my application was refused by home office I appeal it in court. Now after one year waiting my hearing date coming in Sep 2016. But in year 2015-2016 I paid tax from my employment along with I submitted tax return but only paid little bit tax not same was paid £1200 in year 2014-2015.
Now my question is I paid tax but not according the home office financial requirement. In hearing home office or judge can raise tax question?
Thanks a lot