ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First child passport- argument with post office official

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SKJMR

First child passport- argument with post office official

Post by SKJMR » Mon May 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi,
This morning I applied for my 2-month old baby her first british passport via check n send post office service .

note: baby born in UK after we got ILR

I have provided:-
1. My original passport- (mother)
2.ILR BRP card-(mother)
3.original UK FUll birth certificate
4.grand parents details
5. 2 photographs and countersigned

Post office staff member asked for P60,bank statement, pay slip and marriage certificate.

I said if the passport/ILR is fathers then only you need marriage certificate and P60,payslip and bank statement no where in application or home office website it was written, so why were you asking me, she said if you know everything ,why don't you apply on your own, I said just send the application with the documents I gave and rest will be seen .

What do you guys think about it. Did I do the right think or is it a must I need to send marriage certificate ,P60 , payslip and bank statement

Please let me know..thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First child passport- argument with post office official

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Post office worker is NOT an immigration/nationality advisor.

They might have confused your circumstances with EU rules. Don't take it too hard, they are also only trying to do their jobs and do sometimes get confused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon May 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi SKJMR,

I have also faced such frustation when I applied for my son's first Bristish passport using check and send.

Options for you
1) Try a different post office , show them the passport guide booklet specifically the pages where it shows that documents you need to submit along with your application.

2) Post the passport application form using next day recorded delivery without using check and send.

There were 3 post offices in my local area that were doing check and end fortunately the staff in third one after checking the passport booklet accepted my application for check and send other wise I had planned to send it through recorded delivery.

The staff are not well trained at PO for passport check and send service ( again sorry for saying but all the staff are not the same)

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Mon May 09, 2016 8:29 pm

Hey guys thanks for the reply

I understand everyone gets confused but what is frustrating is she never gave me chance to speak, and did not want to see the booklet when I tried to explain her the facts
Never mind I trusted the booklet and with the help from this form, I have send the docs I have listed
She did finally send but wasn't happy, may be she was having one of those days

Any ways what is the turn over time for baby passport application. Any rough timeliness

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:07 pm

It depends if you applied for the standard waiting time (usually 3 to 6 weeks) or you could have applied for the one week fast track which costs a little bit more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Wed May 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi,

Applied for my daughter's 1st british passport in January, it came in 10 days!

Applied for my son's 1st British passport in March, it came in 3 weeks but thats only because I counter signatory went on 10 days holidays and passport office were waiting for his confirmation.

So overall quite quick turn around period. Although as we are approaching school holidays it might get slightly longer as July approaches. Good luck!

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Thu May 19, 2016 6:59 pm

dear all,

my gods grace we got our daughters
british passport today
but we did not get the supporting documents yet
dont we recieve the same day..!! is it normal to get after few days
we sent passport/ brp ILR card/ baby full birth certificate.

anybody who has not got it on same
day?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:22 pm

They are sent separately for obvious reasons (identify theft if all together).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Thu May 19, 2016 7:33 pm

thats true
hopefully we get it in 1-3
days
thanks everyone who helped this forum is great
everyone is so helpful