ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Simple caution and PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kauffman Andre
Newly Registered

Simple caution and PR application

Post by Kauffman Andre » Tue May 10, 2016 10:43 am

Hello, hope you are all well

I am a Italian citizen living in UK since 2006.

After a big argument with my wife in February 2014, I got a simple caution for domestic violence and spent the night in jail. I admitted the offence and was recoded . I got a DBS check last week and nothing was there.

My question is :

Does a simple caution will affect my PR application ?
I am planning to apply next month.

Could you help me with this matter please......?

I really appreciate your help

Thank you

shaaki.fabi

Re: Simple caution and PR application

Post by shaaki.fabi » Tue May 10, 2016 7:13 pm

which DBS have you checked? an enhanced DBS will reveal everything, if you got caution long time ago then it is up to the mood of case worker whether he grant PR or no.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue May 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Kauffman Andre wrote:...

Does a simple caution will affect my PR application ?
I am planning to apply next month.

Could you help me with this matter please......?

Thank you
The UK 'good character' requirements do not apply to applicants on the EU migration trajectory.

If requirements are met for confirmation of PR then a PR card cannot be refused except in cases of public policy, public safety and public health, none of which appear to apply to you.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue May 10, 2016 8:51 pm

I had a reprimand (a caution for minors) and it had no effect on my PR card application.

Kauffman Andre
Newly Registered

Post by Kauffman Andre » Wed May 11, 2016 8:39 am

Thank you guys for the answer.
I had an idea about it. Every time I search on internet about simple cautions and PR, always gives me information about ILR and cautions. Never related to PR, but I had to make sure.

People confuses PR and ILR rules.

Kind regards

osim25
Newly Registered
France

Post by osim25 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:19 pm

I have a bit of a similar question

I am french and have been living in the UK since 2005.

In January 2010, I was cautioned as I was arrested with some class A drugs (half a g of cocaine). I had to go to the police and and they open a file. I was 30 at the time.

since then (so 8 years) nothing, so i believed that it is cleared from my DBS record but not sure.

Today, I want to apply for my residency in the UK in view of doing my citizenship but wondered the below..

1/ what do I need to answer to the question "have you ever been convicted for caution?" if it is "filtered from a dbs report", does that mean that it purely disappear and therefore I can say NO?

2/ assuming I say YES, will that impact my demand for permanent residency? and subsequently citizenship?

Many thanks for your responses to both questions
best
Olivier

osim25
Newly Registered
France

Post by osim25 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 pm

ohara wrote:
Tue May 10, 2016 8:51 pm
I had a reprimand (a caution for minors) and it had no effect on my PR card application.
Sorry to come back to it but when you say it did not affect your PR card application, did you mention it in your PR application?
back to my comments below i wonder if mine is not showing up should I mention that i ever had one
best
Olivier