ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!! Visitor visa for my widow MOM

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chvenkatarajesh
Newly Registered

Help!! Visitor visa for my widow MOM

Post by chvenkatarajesh » Tue May 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 ICT Long term visa staying in UK with my wife for about 1.5 years. I am renting a single bed room apartment and have saved around 5000 pounds in my bank. Now I want to bring my mom here for a visit, but here are my problems

1) My father passed away couple of years back. My mom is working as a teacher but in a private school. She can get a letter of employment and no objection from her school. But her salary is not much(11000/-) and so her bank balance is not much (around 50K). Her salary is handed over in cash every month. She has no other financial incomes and depends on me financially otherwise. So can she show the employment letter from her private school as a proof of tie up? She has every intention to go back and work after return from UK.

2) I have an apartment in India on my name and my mom is currently staying and she is sole care taker of that apartment. Can I show the registration document as a proof of tie up?

3) I have sister in India and she has 2 sons, so my mom has tie up to show that she is going to return back. But how to prove the tie up? What kind of documents are required?

Apart from this, I fully support her visit to UK as I have around 5K pounds which I guess should be enough.

I appreciate if someone can guide me to right path as I am so confused and not knowing what documents to submit.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: Help!! Visitor visa for my widow MOM

Post by tamilmaran » Tue May 10, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi friend , your situation is similar like mine , a few years ago....

What , I would do :
1) I would not say she is working....
2) Keep more money in her amount
3 ) If any income in her name...like rent..., interest etc... pls do attach those documents
4) If any property in her name, please attach the documents
5) some where in the application, you say about your sister....
6) when writing the letter for inviting, so that she comes here to see her grandchildren and to spend some quality time with you and she will be back after the visit.
7) Please also mention in the invitation letter all the expenses will be taken car by you.
8) (I suggest , to take a travel and health insurance for your MUM )
9) even though you get the visa for six months, please do mention that how long she is going to stay with you ...( even if is 5 months : please mention 4 - 5 months )

All the best..... ( I am experienced the problem and once my mum's visa was rejected due to not providing FD statements and only producing SB account statement )

Regards

Tamilmaran
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

chvenkatarajesh
Newly Registered

Post by chvenkatarajesh » Wed May 11, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. But will the case be more strong if she mention that she is working? Her school has no objection to grant her long leave for about 5 months.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Wed May 11, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi Friend,
It is up to you.... that was my suggestion . Since the payment is not coming on the bank and leave for 5 months may raise eye brows...??

Think in the long run, Are you going to settle here, are you planning to bring your mother as a dependent here in future.....

You are the best person to decide.

All the best,
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed May 11, 2016 6:21 pm

chvenkatarajesh wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. But will the case be more strong if she mention that she is working? Her school has no objection to grant her long leave for about 5 months.
5 months is more like residing rather than visiting.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.