ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

english test for extension uk spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maglimbu
Newly Registered

english test for extension uk spouse visa

Post by maglimbu » Wed May 11, 2016 5:20 pm

hello,
My husband is in UK on spouse visa. I have ILR and I have sponsored him on spouse visa.he came to UK on oct 2013 on 5 year route. At that time he had submitted A1 english certificate and his application was successful. now we are nearing the date to extend his visa for more 2.5 years.So, Can we use the same A1 certificate this time for extension visa or do my husband need to sit B1 test? thank you

vinuk
Newly Registered

Re: english test for extension uk spouse visa

Post by vinuk » Thu May 19, 2016 8:00 am

maglimbu wrote:hello,
My husband is in UK on spouse visa. I have ILR and I have sponsored him on spouse visa.he came to UK on oct 2013 on 5 year route. At that time he had submitted A1 english certificate and his application was successful. now we are nearing the date to extend his visa for more 2.5 years.So, Can we use the same A1 certificate this time for extension visa or do my husband need to sit B1 test? thank you

Hi I am new to this forum but as i understand it you need at least A2 to get FLRm.

If you remain in the same process ( ie not change from student to family etc) on your jouney to ILR then you can use the same certificate of B1 now for the FLR m and later on for ILR as well.... but the downside is that the HO keeps changing rules all the time so it may not be advisable to plan too early..

Is my understanding correct ? Please comment

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:05 am

vinuk wrote:
maglimbu wrote:hello,

Hi I am new to this forum but as i understand it you need at least A2 to get FLRm.

If you remain in the same process ( ie not change from student to family etc) on your jouney to ILR then you can use the same certificate of B1 now for the FLR m and later on for ILR as well.... but the downside is that the HO keeps changing rules all the time so it may not be advisable to plan too early..

Is my understanding correct ? Please comment
Please, if you have specific questions about an application you are going to make, start your own topic instead of posting multiple times in other members topics. It is still level A1, it has not change as yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sat May 21, 2016 10:56 am

The Prime Minister recently announced a new English language requirement for family route migrants seeking to extend their stay in the UK.

Non-EEA national partners and parents on the family route will need to pass a speaking and listening test at level A2 in order to qualify, after two and a half years in the UK, for further leave to remain on the five-year partner or parent route to settlement.

We recognize the need to give those affected sufficient time to prepare for the new test, which is why the new requirement will not be implemented before October 2016.