ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 days vs same day service [urgent]

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lazyoffice
Newly Registered

10 days vs same day service [urgent]

Post by lazyoffice » Thu May 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi,

My visa will expire on 18 July 2016, i have 2 dependents as well.

I am not sure if my Tier 2 extension will be successful even though I prepared everything carefully. I want to apply for myself first.

Now what is the difference between same day and 10 days services ? they both seem to charge £500 on top of £650 fees.

Also my start date on COS is 18th july 2016, i don't think it will be a problem ?

Please advise. :?: :?: :?: :|

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 days vs same day service [urgent]

Post by CR001 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Same day means you go in person and usually get a decision on the day - premium service centre.

10 days I think is another service which is quicker than postal but not same day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lazyoffice
Newly Registered

Post by lazyoffice » Thu May 12, 2016 5:29 pm

CR001 wrote:Same day means you go in person and usually get a decision on the day - premium service centre.

10 days I think is another service which is quicker than postal but not same day.
Thanks for urgent repsonse, they both seem to be costing same as well, is this right ?

Thanks again

neohk

Post by neohk » Thu May 12, 2016 11:55 pm

CR001 wrote:Same day means you go in person and usually get a decision on the day - premium service centre.

Is it worth going for the expensive 10day route? The general impression i get from this board is that extensions are easy.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Fri May 13, 2016 9:24 am

I have used both. I believe same day service is a better option. If your case is complex and they feel they need more time they will hold your application regardless of which service you've paid for.

You state that you're not sure whether your application will be successful or not, which is the only point of concern as the reasons why you have doubts are not clear.

If I was to choose between paying for a special service I would go for premium service in person. It gives you the chance to be there in case you need to answer any questions.

FOCUS

Post by FOCUS » Fri May 13, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Lazy office,

Its up to u in which way u want to go depending on ur circumstances. But the fee for one day service and 10days priority service is not same I think. Follow the link for 10 days service .

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-priority-applications