ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ETA Visas for Indians?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Atmiya
Newly Registered

ETA Visas for Indians?

Post by Atmiya » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:44 pm

I understand that only people from certain countries are able to apply for ETA visas online... but I am confused whether it is that

a) only people from the countries listed can apply online, (excluded countries can apply for ETA by another method)

b) only people from the countries listed can apply for ETA period, all other countries are excluded period (and should chose a different visa).

Perhaps ETA is a purely electronic system, and my question is not that bright, but being that things are often not as they seem in the happy/dancing realm of immigration, I know you will forgive me for asking! Thank you! :?

JAJ
Australia

Re: ETA Visas for Indians?

Post by JAJ » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:28 pm

Atmiya wrote:I understand that only people from certain countries are able to apply for ETA visas online... but I am confused whether it is that

a) only people from the countries listed can apply online, (excluded countries can apply for ETA by another method)

b) only people from the countries listed can apply for ETA period, all other countries are excluded period (and should chose a different visa).

Perhaps ETA is a purely electronic system, and my question is not that bright, but being that things are often not as they seem in the happy/dancing realm of immigration, I know you will forgive me for asking! Thank you! :?
The Indian passport is not eligible for ETA:
http://www.eta.immi.gov.au

EU_Patriot
Newly Registered

Post by EU_Patriot » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:12 am

Atmiya wrote:I understand that only people from certain countries are able to apply for ETA visas online... but I am confused whether it is that

No you cannot apply for an ETA, unfortunately Passports from your corner of the world or Passports from third world countries are not very well received or accepted from Western Countries like the EU or Australia or US. The ETA is only really dedicated for Western Passports. EU Passports are no longer eligible for the ETA they have an eVisitor instead.

Citizens from Countries which are not on the list cannot apply for an ETA regardless if your Indian but live in the US the location is irrelevant its the Citizenship you hold which is the important thing and in this case you hold an Indian Passport

imsocute
Newly Registered

Post by imsocute » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:18 am

You dont have to ask for forgiveness, I am also from a third world country and I am proud to say that we dont need ETA to enter Australia, most of my countrymen are already in OZ having PR's because people from third world countries have SKILLS as compared to most Western Countries. If I were you apply for PR. BE PROUD! CHEERS!