ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply UK residence card after EEA Family permit.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yvo1234

When to apply UK residence card after EEA Family permit.

Post by yvo1234 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:24 pm

Hi,

My wife and daughter got EEA Family permit this month from India for six month. Please somebody help me when we can apply residence card next month or after six month and using form EEA(FM).

Thanks

noajthan

Re: When to apply UK residence card after EEA Family permit.

Post by noajthan » Thu May 12, 2016 11:52 pm

You can apply when EEA sponsor is exercising treaty rights and you have good documentary supporting evidence of this.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

yvo1234

Post by yvo1234 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:57 am

exercising treaty rights mean Europe national working status in the uk. I am Spanish national working last 10 months full time in the uk.
-Can my non eu wife and daughter apply residence card straight way now as they have eea family permit from India since last month or they have to wait.

-is that compulsory my non Eu wife have to work in Uk before apply residence card.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat May 14, 2016 11:01 am

yvo1234 wrote:exercising treaty rights mean Europe national working status in the uk. I am Spanish national working last 10 months full time in the uk.
-Can my non eu wife and daughter apply residence card straight way now as they have eea family permit from India since last month or they have to wait.

-is that compulsory my non Eu wife have to work in Uk before apply residence card.

Thanks
Based on you already working in UK, you can apply for RC, assuming you have good documentary evidence.

It doesn't matter what wife does in UK.
She can work but an employer may not take her on without a RC (or COA).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

yvo1234

Post by yvo1234 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:45 pm

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate for you response.