ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration certificate and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akhil_1
Newly Registered

Police registration certificate and ILR

Post by akhil_1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:05 pm

We are due to apply for ILR on the basis of 5 years under WP (myself and my wife - dependent) and just now have noticed that we have not informed police about our marriage 4 years (!) ago in the UK.

Do you think this is serious issue?

Of course we will run to our local police station on Saturday morning and will ask them to update our Police registration certificate but now I even scared to think if it may have any implications on our future ILR application.
Another thing - my employer moved offices 2 years ago and informed Home Office about it just recently. It is not my fault I believe but responsibility of the employer - hopefully it will not affect our application. Have you come across similar case?

Would be grateful if you could share your thoughts please.
Many thanks in advance.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:05 am

akhil_1,
Did you and your dependant applied for entry clearance as a married couple 5 years ago? in other words, is the dependant's entry clearance based on your WP and granted five years ago?
if the UK marriage was additional to an existing marriage and no visa changed, it shouldn't be a major problem (your conditions haven't changed and the dependant's visa is the same)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

akhil_1
Newly Registered

Post by akhil_1 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:37 am

dear try-one, many thanks.
we have come separately as students to the UK, met and stayed as a couple; after I received my WP and new flr we have married and my wife received her 5 year clearance.