ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for permanant residence card - advise needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bdoli
Newly Registered

Application for permanant residence card - advise needed

Post by bdoli » Fri May 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Hello everyone.
I hold Indian passport living with Polish national.
I currently hold visa as "family member of EEA national" issued oct'11 which expires on oct'16.
We are living together as unmarried partners since 8 years, proof of that being that we have a 5+ year daughter born march'11.

Financial conditions that time didn't leave enough funds to get married. We have recently applied for permission to get married via registry office, awaiting approval from HO.

Question is, do I have to wait till oct'16 for current visa and 5 year validity to finish before applying for permanant residence card or based on the fact that we've been living together since 8+ years, I can apply right now. Partner does not have permanent residency either, but we were thinking to apply together using form EEA3.

Appreciate your response on this matter.
Thank you for reading.

Regards.

noajthan

Re: Application for permanant residence card - advise needed

Post by noajthan » Fri May 13, 2016 7:05 pm

bdoli wrote:Hello everyone.
I currently hold visa as "family member of EEA national" issued oct'11 which expires on oct'16.
We are living together as unmarried partners since 8 years, proof of that being that we have a 5+ year daughter born march'11.

Financial conditions that time didn't leave enough funds to get married. We have recently applied for permission to get married via registry office, awaiting approval from HO.

Question is, do I have to wait till oct'16 for current visa and 5 year validity to finish before applying for permanant residence card or based on the fact that we've been living together since 8+ years, I can apply right now. Partner does not have permanent residency either, but we were thinking to apply together using form EEA3.

Thank you for reading.

Regards.
An extended family member is required to hold a RC.

So suggest applying in October in line with your RC;
that is, assuming your partner has been exercising treaty rights continuously for the past 5 years (& there have been no prolonged absences from UK, by either party).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bdoli
Newly Registered

Post by bdoli » Sat May 14, 2016 1:05 pm

noajthan wrote:
bdoli wrote:Hello everyone.

Thank you for reading.

Regards.
An extended family member is required to hold a RC.

So suggest applying in October in line with your RC;
that is, assuming your partner has been exercising treaty rights continuously for the past 5 years (& there have been no prolonged absences from UK, by either party).
Thank you for your quick response noajthan.
To add to this matter, this morning we've just received letter from Home Office that they are not going to investigate regarding this marriage. Spoke to registry and available dates are 8 June onwards. I suppose best to get married and then apply as stated above perhaps immediately after marriage rather than waiting till October.
Likewise, thinking to apply for her (EEA national) PR right now and apply for my PR in October (while getting married in June). What would you suggest.
Thanks.

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Sat May 14, 2016 1:23 pm

If you are applying for your partner PR right now, you will need to send Documents like Polish ID or Passport. Make sure that those Documents are not needed for Marriage Registry. What you can do is that apply for your wife PR just after marriage in June. It should then come by August easily. Then in October, you can send your PR Application.