ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Tier 2 Sponsor, with dependents.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manibest
Newly Registered

Switching Tier 2 Sponsor, with dependents.

Post by manibest » Mon May 16, 2016 11:46 am

Hi,

I have Tier 2 General Visa which is valid until 26/02/2018. I have two PBS dependents (wife and son) and their visa is also valid until 26/02/2018. My five years continuous period on Tier 2 will complete in Feb 2017 and I want to switch to ILR after that. My current sponsor is paying me less than £35,000 which is required to switch to ILR. That is why I started looking for new potential sponsor about 9 months ago who will pay at least £35,000.

I have now found a potential sponsor. They have offered me a job and also paying £35,000. They will issue a COS soon, after which I will apply to renew my Tier 2 General Visa.

Q1) Shall I give notice to my current employer after my visa application has been approved?

Q2) Where do I find the list of documents to attach with my T2G to T2G switch application?

Q3) Does my dependents need to re-apply for their PBS dependent visa, or they can stay on their current visa until it expires on 26/02/2018? (We’ll apply for ILR in 2017 anyway after five years continuous is completed.)

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching Tier 2 Sponsor, with dependents.

Post by CR001 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:04 pm

1. Yes, best to resign AFTER you get visa approval as there is no guarantee it will be granted.

2. You are not 'switching' visas, you are changing sponsors. Read the guidance notes here (click)

3. Should be fine for them to continue on their existing leave.

Has your new sponsor completed the full and proper RLMT process?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manibest
Newly Registered

Post by manibest » Mon May 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Thank you, CR001.

I have just confirmed from my new sponsor, they have confirmed that the RLMT has been satisfied.

Further, I called earlier at UKVI help center at 0300 123 2241 and asked regarding Question 3 in my first message about dependents, the call assistant confirmed that Dependents do not require to apply for visa renewal and can stay in the UK until their current visa expires. He further said that dependents can also extend their visa when due to expire on my status at that time.

Thanks again.

manibest
Newly Registered

Post by manibest » Mon May 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Just one question please

Which application form do I use to change my sponsor:
1) "Extend your application in Tier 2" or
2) "Switch to Tier 2 from another Visa"

Thanks