ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anniecc

Citizenship ceremony

Post by anniecc » Tue May 17, 2016 4:30 pm

I had my citizenship ceremony yesterday. Not only did the officials not remind people to send back their BRPs, they specifically said that if you have holidays planned, you should go ahead and take them before applying for a British passport, as that process can take several weeks!

Also, I'm not sure if this is the usual process, but my local authority wrote directly to me - letter received the day after I received my approval from the Home Office - and offered me a choice of three dates for the citizenship ceremony. All of them were on a Monday morning, and the earliest was about a month after I received my approval letter from the Home Office. As it happened I was ok to wait, but if you are in a hurry to complete the process or don't have flexibility on times you might have to be prepared to pay for a private ceremony.