ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirements self-employed (LTD)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Julia_G
Newly Registered

Financial requirements self-employed (LTD)

Post by Julia_G » Wed May 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Hello,
I've got some questions about my spouse visa extension, which is due January 2018, and really hope someone could help, as I got really confused about the whole situation.

My husband is about to start his business (limited company). It is already registered but has been dormant since February this year. He is planning to start trading at the beginning of June.

As far as I understand, we will have to provide one full financial year proof of the income £18,600. So according to this my questions are as follows:

1) Does one financial year for a limited company have to be April to April?
If so, this financial year has already started and we will have to provide proof from April 2016 until April 2017 because the next financial yeah will not be finished by the time I apply for the visa?

2) If it has to be April to April, does it matter that the company has been dormant for several months? Will it count as a whole financial year or will it be from start of trading until April next year?

3) Is it possible to change the financial year of the company, for example, do the tax return when my husband starts trading, and start a new one say in June and do the tax return next June?

Hope this is not very confusing.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Julia

maylia88
Newly Registered

Re: Financial requirements self-employed (LTD)

Post by maylia88 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:44 pm

HI,

May I ask have you had an answer for your question? As my husband is about to start his business and the spouse visa will expire in April 2018. We need to extend the visa and if April to April means April 2017-2018 which we do not have enough time and if it is April 2016-April 2017 then we do not earn enough.

Thanks