ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 dependent baby born in Uk

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sohousb
Newly Registered

tier 2 dependent baby born in Uk

Post by sohousb » Thu May 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi, I am a bit stress at the moment. I am currently Tier 2 general holder that due to extend my visa in July. my baby just born born in uk 10 days. I am thinking to add him as my dependent when I apply my tier 2. obviously, he is newborn and he has not had his own passport to date. I filled in the application online and I marked to said that he has not had passport because he is born in uk. in the end it only asked me supply the mandatory documents eg my passport, my passport photo, baby passport, and his birth certificate. Can my baby actually get the BRP based on his birth certificate. I am kinda confused! have anybody had experience this situation? please help

this is the statement from gov website
Children born while you’re in the UK
If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.

You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with your child.

When you apply you must send a full UK birth certificate showing the names of both of your child’s parents.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: tier 2 dependent baby born in Uk

Post by moonlight55 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:13 am

I dont think the baby can get a BRP without a passport. You will have to first get a passport for the kid and then apply for the visa/BRP. Baby born in UK does not automatically become UK citizen and remain the citizen as same as their parents.