ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Employment earnings on SA302

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthik_513

ILR - Employment earnings on SA302

Post by karthik_513 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi All,

I am both employed and self-employed / Going to application for my ILR on wednesday.

Employment Earnings declared to HMRC (on SA302) is more compared to earnings declared to HO

My case is opposite to others.

I went through my SA302 today and found that my Employment Earnings declared to HMRC is slightly more compared to the earnings declared to HO on both my initial tier 1 and extension application. This is because, my accountant has filed employment gross income to HMRC, instead of taxable income (always taxable income will be more compared to gross income because taxable income will include any employment benefits). ---- The difference is less than 500 pounds.

So technically i have paid more tax (when HO look into my case)

I haven't amended anything with HMRC with regards to my earnings in the past.

Self-Employment income is looking fine,the issue is only on employment income

Will this affect my ILR application is any way ? ?

Please let me know and sorry about the long post.

Devil81
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - Employment earnings on SA302

Post by Devil81 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi Karthik_513

I have a similar case where my earnings shown to HMRC is more than the earnings used for gaining points during my last Tier1G extension.

This might be due to the difference of period for self assessment to HMRC and period used for extension to HO. In my case extension period used was Nov 2013- Oct 2014 and self assessment was Apr 2014 to April 2015.

You should be alright if you have declared actual earnings to HMRC of what you have earned (Salary+Dividends), in other words your P60, P11D, Company Accounts and Reports, CT600 and SA302 all tie-in with each other.

Thanks.

karthik_513

Post by karthik_513 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:12 pm

@ Devil81 thanks for your response.

In my case - self-employed income matches both SA302 and SE tax returns; But on Employment income there is a >500 pounds difference on the figures showing on SA302 and SE tax returns.

As mentioned on my previous post, the employment earning difference was purely because HMRC has taken my taxable income as my earnings, but my accountant has filed gross income (taxable income includes pension scheme).

Do you think will this issue be raised during ILR ?

Please let me know , thanks

karthik_513

Post by karthik_513 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Any Suggestions ?