ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 1 Gen.- Degree taught in English

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ruthlessking
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 1 Gen.- Degree taught in English

Post by Ruthlessking » Sun May 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi,
I am about to apply for my ILR next month and have been on Tier 1 Genral category visa so far. The KOLL category dictates that I need to get a NARIC letter + a letter from my University. So far the PBS calculator had been sufficient for my English language requirements however this new rule changes everything. In the guidance section its stated somewhere that I can still use a PBS calculator output however the calculator is offline so not sure where to go :(

Now I do have an old NARIC letter ( from 2007) which says the degree taught is equivalent to British but it does not explicitly states that it was taught in English, also going back to the university to get the letter is going to be very time consuming and painful process. Does anyone have any suggestions that they could offer?

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Re: ILR Tier 1 Gen.- Degree taught in English

Post by mjcr28 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:34 am

Ruthlessking wrote:Hi,
I am about to apply for my ILR next month and have been on Tier 1 Genral category visa so far. The KOLL category dictates that I need to get a NARIC letter + a letter from my University. So far the PBS calculator had been sufficient for my English language requirements however this new rule changes everything. In the guidance section its stated somewhere that I can still use a PBS calculator output however the calculator is offline so not sure where to go :(

Now I do have an old NARIC letter ( from 2007) which says the degree taught is equivalent to British but it does not explicitly states that it was taught in English, also going back to the university to get the letter is going to be very time consuming and painful process. Does anyone have any suggestions that they could offer?

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Hi - you could write to UK naric via email, state you have done this in the past through them is this valid now OR you abother option is do a B1 test will cost you £150.00 and is a very simple test if you are good in your english. Follow this post link below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1350512

Ruthlessking
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Tier 1 Gen.- Degree taught in English

Post by Ruthlessking » Mon May 23, 2016 4:47 pm

Many thanks for the response, I will give it a shot, but another £150, that's close to what NARIC is charging any ways :(