ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 day vignette

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dowd100
Newly Registered

30 day vignette

Post by dowd100 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:45 am

Please help, my wife 2 daughters and been granted our tier 2 visas but have not yet traveled to the UK to pick up our brp. We currently have our 30 day visa (vignette ) to travel.I will be able to travel within the 30 days but my wife and daughters won't.I have called the uk visa contact number but got some answers that don't make sense. First they said apply for a new brp but when I go to the site to apply it says it has to be lost or stolen.How can I lose a BRP I haven't collected yet.Then they said to apply for a vignette transfer but that won't change my 30 day travel window just put a new sticker on a new passport.The last piece of advice was to apply for a change in conditions but that requires I get new biometrics,I don't need that. I just need a new 30 day travel visa.Any advice will be very appreciated.

Sincerely,
Michael Dowd

vinny

Re: 30 day vignette

Post by vinny » Thu May 26, 2016 2:50 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Thu May 26, 2016 4:31 am

I have been through a similar situation. My 30 day vignette expired on 11thMay and as per UKVI help guidance I applied for vignette transfer. However my visa was refused as British Embassy Abu Dhabi called & then emailed that I had selected wrong category. I should have selected BRP Replacement.
They sent me a withdrawal form so I have withdrawn my application but fees is non-refundable. Now I have got my passport back so will apply for BRP Replacement.
I would advise you to select BRP Replacement in your case in light of my experience :-)

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri May 27, 2016 8:27 am

I'm afraid this system of issuing a visa valid only for 30 days is a total disaster - it has led to so many problems like this. It's also misleading in that the stamp in the passport only covers 1 month, when in fact the person may have the right to be here for several years. A total farce.

Fatima Ali

Post by Fatima Ali » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:40 am

The Station Agent wrote:I'm afraid this system of issuing a visa valid only for 30 days is a total disaster - it has led to so many problems like this. It's also misleading in that the stamp in the passport only covers 1 month, when in fact the person may have the right to be here for several years. A total farce.
I can't agree more