ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Size/amount of file accepted at Delhi VFS for Spouse Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Simi2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Size/amount of file accepted at Delhi VFS for Spouse Visa?

Post by Simi2 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm going to submit our application at Delhi in a few weeks and wanted to ask - has anyone submitted a large file, say 3 inches thick of A4 sheets (not including photo copies) at Delhi VFS? Do VFS Delhi have an upper limit as to how large your file can be? Or will they accept the amount of documents submitted? I read somewhere a U.S VFS has a weight limit for file sizes. I'm trying to find out now so I don't have to pull out stuff (and my hair!) on the day. My husband and I have an age gap so we need to cover the genuine marriage bit thoroughly and we have fours years to cover.

Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Size/amount of file accepted at Delhi VFS for Spouse Vis

Post by CR001 » Sun May 29, 2016 1:06 am

Why is your documents list so enormous? What exactly are you submitting? How big is the age gap (HO don't really have an issue with this)? Why are you worrying about the US VFS if you are not applying in the US?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Simi2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simi2 » Sun May 29, 2016 10:12 am

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I'm thinking if the U.S VFS operate a limit other VFSs may have the same rule.

In real terms the age gap is 5 years, but on paper e.g birth certificate, passport etc my husbands date of birth is 13 years younger. It can't be corrected as there is no alternate proof. So rather than explaining to HO we thought go with what is written and provide docs to prove it is not a sham marriage for purposes of gaining entry to U.K.

The I.D file is succint containing our I.Ds, proof of work/career, proof of finances, housing, English test, t.b.

The relationship file contains proof of correspondence from start of relationship in 2012, so emails, proof of postage of greeting cards n gifts, flight tickets to meet eachother, photos, more emails. 2013 - wedding invitation cards, flight tickets to wedding in Kenya (where my husband was working on work permit) for me and my mother, photos, guest wedding cards, tickets for honeymoon, hotel receipts, photos, joint bank account, civil marriage photos, photos and proof of living together (8months). More emails for when I returned to U.K and postage proof for gifts etc for 1st anniversary, proof of him sending me money. 2014 - proof of my relocating to India and then 2 years of docs re living together in India, plus family photos, my tickets back to U.K to visit my family x3. 2016 - flight tickets, passport stamps, photos for holiday in Europe and Dubai together and back to India. This is the kind of stuff I have included.

windtalker
Newly Registered

Post by windtalker » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:39 am

Hey,

Yes I applied on 12 May 16 and my file was more than 800 pages A4 size.

Simi2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simi2 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi Windtalker,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it's given me some idea. I've also heard from others that if the file is too big Vfs will use two courier bags with the same reference number, so I will be fine. Wishing you a successful outcome.