ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kach_immigration
Newly Registered

Query

Post by kach_immigration » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:01 am

Can somebody clarify the below?:

->Is there any advantage in applying for HSMP through consultant instead of applying independently?
->And is it advisable to land in UK directly, after HSMP approval, and then start searching for job?
->And for people who go to the UK for the first time,do they get contractor positions?(I mean hourly pay jobs) , or do they have to settle only for yearly pay scale?
->Does anybody have the list of avg pay scales per experience per place in UK?

I have around 4 years exp in .NET and how much pay I can expect? Can I get an hourly pay right from the time I go to UK?

Thanks in Advance!

Paulhsmp

Agents/consultants are not required.

Post by Paulhsmp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 am

Hello Kach,

There is absolutely no need of an agent/consultant for applying HSMP. Don't give a single penny for anyone. Each and every document, you need to submit for applying HSMP is explained here at this link. Just have a look.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/hsm ... ystem.html

Regards
Paul

kach_immigration
Newly Registered

Re: Agents/consultants are not required.

Post by kach_immigration » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:57 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply and information.
What about the job search? Is it better to get in touch with a consultant? or just try out on our own thru job search portals? And is hourly pay possible for a newbie in UK?
Paulhsmp wrote:Hello Kach,

There is absolutely no need of an agent/consultant for applying HSMP. Don't give a single penny for anyone. Each and every document, you need to submit for applying HSMP is explained here at this link. Just have a look.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/hsm ... ystem.html

Regards
Paul

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:37 am

You don't need any paid consultant for helping you out hunting your job in UK. You try various jobsites in UK. Many consultants will call you depending on your profile. If you say that you don't have HSMP with you, they may not show much interest (again it depends on your profile)

I have just started writing a post about job hunting in UK. You can get the good job portal names from it. I will be adding more in that post in a week time. Please visit my blog after a week to see the tips and tricks of job hunting in UK. http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Get to know everything about EC and HSMP.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:00 pm

There are many reasons to use a consultant for the HSMP application - I think the number of refuals discussed in this forum shows this. Most refusals happen when the applicant qualifies but the documents are not suitable, and we deal with a lot of people who made an initial application on their own but were refused because of a document being out of place.

However, if you have the time to go through all of the guidelines and read on here all the nuances of the scheme, and your application is perfect, then there may well be no need.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

kach_immigration
Newly Registered

Post by kach_immigration » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:00 pm

Paul,

Thanks a lot for the info and prompt replies.. I will surely check your blog. That will be a lot of help. Lastly, any idea about contractor jobs for newbies? Is that feasible for a person with 4 years experience [in .NET] like me? Or do I have to settle down with yearly pay?

Thanks
Paulhsmp wrote:You don't need any paid consultant for helping you out hunting your job in UK. You try various jobsites in UK. Many consultants will call you depending on your profile. If you say that you don't have HSMP with you, they may not show much interest (again it depends on your profile)

I have just started writing a post about job hunting in UK. You can get the good job portal names from it. I will be adding more in that post in a week time. Please visit my blog after a week to see the tips and tricks of job hunting in UK. http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:05 pm

Hello Kach,

Please see my blog then you will never think of getting help from a consultant for HSMP or EC application. If you feel otherwise, please let me know.
If you like the blog, please share it with your friends.

Thanks
paul
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:09 pm

Paul, I've just had a flick through your blog, and I have to say it is excellent, well done!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi VictoriaS,
I really consider this as a big appreciation for me.
Thanks a lot.
Paul
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com