ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip and bank statement payment method

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Payslip and bank statement payment method

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Tue May 31, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi guys,

I've just had a small doubt from reading posts about their visa being refused because their payslips said BACS payment method was being used but the salary was paid via cheques.

My payslips say BACS, been with my employer a year and have just noticed all my statements say the use Faster Payments. I don't know a great deal about the difference, only that my current employer does pay us fast. Does anyone know if this is also a mismatch and will be an issue?

Thanks

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Re: Payslip and bank statement payment method

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 am

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out on the above please ^?

I spoke to my employer yesterday. They use a contracted accountant, and don't have their own payroll/HR department per se and they have said my payslips cannot be reissued. So the method saying BACS and the generic pay date of 25th will remain the same on my payslips, although my bank statements show the method by which I received my salary is FPI and the date isn't always the 25th of the month.

Would it be enough to get them to add some notes on this in the employer letter?
Please advise.

Thanks
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!

nice111

Post by nice111 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:59 pm

I dont think so dates will be the issue as I am getting salary slips on different dates and getting paid on different dates. My salary slips always show end of the month dates but sometimes I am getting my salary in the bank next day & sometimes after one week.

BACS, CHAPS and FPI are kind of similar to each other. Small organisations mostly use FPI to pay their employees. I dont see any problem in that too.

In my personal opinion you should be fine unless someone else gives a better/expert opinion otherwise.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:23 am

rukhsarmanzoor wrote: My payslips say BACS, been with my employer a year and have just noticed all my statements say the use Faster Payments. I don't know a great deal about the difference, only that my current employer does pay us fast. Does anyone know if this is also a mismatch and will be an issue?
I just checked and its same for me so nothing to bother about

WiKi : Faster Payments Service (FPS) is a UK banking initiative to reduce payment times between different banks' customer accounts from three working days using the long-established BACS system, to typically a few hours

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:36 am

nice111 wrote:I dont think so dates will be the issue as I am getting salary slips on different dates and getting paid on different dates. My salary slips always show end of the month dates but sometimes I am getting my salary in the bank next day & sometimes after one week.

BACS, CHAPS and FPI are kind of similar to each other. Small organisations mostly use FPI to pay their employees. I dont see any problem in that too.

In my personal opinion you should be fine unless someone else gives a better/expert opinion otherwise.

Thanks so much the dates were starting to worry me!

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:36 am

ILR1980 wrote:
rukhsarmanzoor wrote: My payslips say BACS, been with my employer a year and have just noticed all my statements say the use Faster Payments. I don't know a great deal about the difference, only that my current employer does pay us fast. Does anyone know if this is also a mismatch and will be an issue?
I just checked and its same for me so nothing to bother about

WiKi : Faster Payments Service (FPS) is a UK banking initiative to reduce payment times between different banks' customer accounts from three working days using the long-established BACS system, to typically a few hours
That is reassuring to know, thanks.