ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI status

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elsa
Newly Registered

OCI status

Post by elsa » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:19 am

Hello All,
I Would like to share my OCI experience. Got my British Passport on 19th April, next day applied online for OCI. I scanned my documents and reduced the DPI size and saved them as PDF file so they are less than 500MB.
I was unable to book appointment immediately because of the server problem from the VFS people even though several phone calls to them didn't help, at last booked appointment on 5th MAY in Bristol. The Lady- Asha refused to take it because I didn't upload my surrender certificate, but she was kind enough and gave me some time to upload and come back the same day as soon as possible, there was another lady Eve was bit rude and said I need to come back in half an hour even though she was not serving me and there was only one person waiting to get served.

I tried to upload through my mobile as I happen to save it as an attachment in my mail, but it said unsecured was unable to do that way, I was advised to go to a near by place called click to print, but the system was down there, I went to near by library which is at College Green uploaded it under the document husbands OCI as there was no option to upload surrender certificate. I was advised to come back when the status says Processed With my passport and original documents which might take min. four weeks.

Yesterday 31st May I went with the print out saying
Document Printing Status Processed on 26-MAY-2016
Dispatched From MOIA(OCI) New Delhi on 27-MAY-2016
Documents Received at London on

and this time there was only one lady Eve and she refused to take my passport as there was no date at London and was bit rude and not very helpful. she simply said to come back when there is date on the documents received at London. I checked even today still no date. God Help me. Hope my experience can benefit others.

Regards,
Elsa.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: OCI status

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Thank you for your update......

can you please answer me some quires....?

Don't you have to give your British passport along with your OCI application .....??

Looking forward for your updates..
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

elsa
Newly Registered

Re: OCI status

Post by elsa » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:54 am

Hello Mr TamilMaran,
Sorry for the delayed reply, no they have changed the policy now, as it is taking nearly 4 weeks or more to process OCI[taking into account that people may need to travel during this waiting time]. I was Supposed to get my passport on June 9th but have rearranged my post to get delivered on 14th June.
Regards,
Elsa.