ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending Original Documents to UK - DHL courier-No Insurance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Siva
Newly Registered

Sending Original Documents to UK - DHL courier-No Insurance

Post by Siva » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi Friends,
I am about to send the my documents (HSMP related) to HOMEOFFICE UK. I have approached the DHL office in CHENNAI-INDIA, and telling about I will be sending the ORIGINAL Documents to the UK and asking about will you be taking care of any problem in the Transit and borne the amount of 100000 INR rupees. They told me that we can not take the VALUE for the documents but we will take value for the Objects(e.g. LAPTOP).

I want to make sure that I need to send my documents very safely and to reach the HOME office without having any problem.

Any ideas will be helpful to me. I need to send the documents within 2 days, could you please throw some ideas to me.

Thanks in advance,
Siva

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:25 pm

We use Fedex to courier to India, and find them very reliable.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Hello Siva,

You can send your documents through Fedex/DHL. It will reach Home Office, if there is no disaster like a plane crash.
If you want to read more details about sending your courier to Home Office, please read http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/cou ... ation.html. You will get some idea about the entire procedure. How to arrange the pickup of documents is also explained there.

All the best
Paul
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Get to know everything about EC and HSMP.

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:55 pm

I used Fedex from Chennai. They are cheaper then DHL. It reached a day later then the day they told me, but it reached safely. I've got my approval and have also recieved my documents back via Air mail yesterday.

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:03 pm

Hello Arsenalsri,
Congartulations on your HSMP approval.
Now it is time for EC.
Just have a look at this link to know the application procedure for EC.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/ec- ... -hsmp.html

- Paul
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Get to know everything about EC and HSMP.

prem12

Re: Sending Original Documents to UK - DHL courier-No Insura

Post by prem12 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:34 pm

Siva wrote:Hi Friends,
I am about to send the my documents (HSMP related) to HOMEOFFICE UK. I have approached the DHL office in CHENNAI-INDIA, and telling about I will be sending the ORIGINAL Documents to the UK and asking about will you be taking care of any problem in the Transit and borne the amount of 100000 INR rupees. They told me that we can not take the VALUE for the documents but we will take value for the Objects(e.g. LAPTOP).

I want to make sure that I need to send my documents very safely and to reach the HOME office without having any problem.

Any ideas will be helpful to me. I need to send the documents within 2 days, could you please throw some ideas to me.

Thanks in advance,
Siva
But beware. There is always a possibility that the plane carrying the cargo crashes when it flying over the ocean leading to loss of your precious documents. You may consider travelling yourself to UK.
________
WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Last edited by prem12 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:23 am

Surely a plane crash is somewhat unlikely? And certainly no more likely than a fire in the mail depot in the UK, or the postal van crashing?