ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Variation of Tier 1 Entr application to Set (LR)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aliii

Variation of Tier 1 Entr application to Set (LR)

Post by aliii » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi
I have already applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension with one dependant (our leaves expired on same date in April). I will complete my 10 years in August. I know that If I do not get any reply for my Tier 1 Ent Extension by mid July I can vary my application to Set(LR) in July (within 28 Days of qualifying period) BUT My question is what will be the status of my dependant's (Tier 1 Dependant) application and what should I do in that regard?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Variation of Tier 1 Entr application to Set (LR)

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Vary to FLR(M), assuming you meet the financial requirements and spouse meets the English requirement.

This will reset the clock to zero for your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aliii

Post by aliii » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:04 am

CR001 wrote:Vary to FLR(M), assuming you meet the financial requirements and spouse meets the English requirement.

This will reset the clock to zero for your spouse.
Thanks for your reply. So I need to send both application Set(LR) & FLR(M) at same time in July, each with a covering letter explaining variation of application?

aliii

Post by aliii » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi
I spoke with one solicitor and he advised me to vary the application to Set(LR) once completing 10 Years (not within 28 days of qualifying period) and ask the HO To Hold my dependant Tier 1 Entr extension application.
He says there is no problem in that But my understanding is if we vary the application then our previous application automatically withdraws. In that case how can I request HO to Hold my dependants application if the main applicant is varying his application.

Also, Is it possible that If I vary my application to Set(LR) and vary my dependants application to FLR(M) at same time in July their are chances that they reject my dependant's application as I am not settled person during the process time.

Regards,

aliii

Post by aliii » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:00 pm

aliii wrote:Hi
I spoke with one solicitor and he advised me to vary the application to Set(LR) once completing 10 Years (not within 28 days of qualifying period) and ask the HO To Hold my dependant Tier 1 Entr extension application. Hence the dependant doesnt need to start 5 years again for ILR.
He says there is no problem in that But this sounds too good to be true and my understanding is if we vary the application then our previous application automatically withdraws. In that case how can I request HO to Hold my dependants application if the main applicant is varying his application.

Regards,
Hi
Any advice on above mentioned issue?

Thanks