ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SKJMR

British passport process

Post by SKJMR » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi, i attended my ceremony today (01/06/2016) and got my naturalization certificate and i already applied for my first adult British passport today (01/06/2016) via check and send service(post office), now my question is
1. she did not give any tracking number ( ex royal mail special delivery), how will i know it reached safely
2. do i have to wait for a letter to come through by post, to book an interview appointment or can i book myself by ringing them
3. if i do not get any acknowledgement letter, how may days do i need to wait before i ring them to book an appointment?
could you also provide me any specific telephone number to ring for booking appointment please
Many Thanks

Sandeep

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport process

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Perhaps just slow down slightly. You can't book an interview yet. You will have to wait at least 3 weeks before phoning them to check.

The reference for your application is the barcode on the form. If you did not write this down, then you won't have a reference number.

https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Re: British passport process

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:05 am

Pro tip: Always keep scans and copies of documents and form submitted for any application to HO (UKVI/HMPO).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.