ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU4Fam Naturalisation query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saj85
Newly Registered

EU4Fam Naturalisation query

Post by saj85 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi Everyone

I hope you all are well

i have heard from a friend that some people who are spouses of european nationals and had been in the state for 5 years with valid stamp4 ,when they applied for naturalisation the department asked them to send their wives employment record ,bank statements and proofs of living together.
If anyone of you, have gone through the same please tell us about your story
and is it a normal procedure now?
i know a couple of guys,and they said when they applied for naturalisation they were not asked anything about their wive's activities in the last 5 years

Thanks for reading and please add your experiences to this post

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU4Fam Naturalisation query

Post by broli » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:34 pm

This is a very good post
guys please share your experience , it a good thing to know in advance and have all documentation ready

saj85 » can you post a clear list of what was required to them ? as i am appying very soon as well

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi guys!

I have a friend here at work who's just applied for naturalisation and they didn't ask anything about his partner, he had to send only his documents.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:02 pm

gorgeous wrote:Hi guys!

I have a friend here at work who's just applied for naturalisation and they didn't ask anything about his partner, he had to send only his documents.
At which stage is he ? is he waiting for approval ?

I have the feeling they are target specific people and situation (Visa History , nationalities ct..)

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:50 am

broli wrote:
gorgeous wrote:Hi guys!

At which stage is he ? is he waiting for approval ?

I have the feeling they are target specific people and situation (Visa History , nationalities ct..)
He is still on the first stage. Awaiting for confirmation that they have received his docs. A friend of mine that has applied in March got her first letter last week.

Well, I dunno if that depends on nationalities, visas and etc. It is quite weird that they've done that to be honest. Is he applying for naturalisation or EU3?

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:45 am

well it is not an requirement for irish citizenship if your application based on 5 years residency.
However they should not ask but if they do id say better send all the detail about your spouse.
Eventually they might ask only for some applicant who has some bad immigration history or
if they have any doubts about the marriage.
But any one apply for irish citizenship and if its exceed the normal time frame they Citizenship dept will ask for further visa.Now if anyone's visa is expired they wont approve any citizenship approval letter.
Which means you may have EUfam 4 at the time of your application for citizenship but before it expires you should apply for EU3 application or if your not with your spouse you should apply for retention.