ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal mail for in country applications!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unileeds

Royal mail for in country applications!!!

Post by unileeds » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi, My application goes out tomorrow. Just thought I'd double check on whether my documents can go by Royail mail signed for special delivery? If yes, should I send it to the courier address (as a human being is required to sign it)?

Also as its an incountry application I hope they send it back by Royal mail as well!! Or do you all suggest a courier pick up!!

My application is from within the UK so dont really want to use a courier!!

Looking forward to comments and advice!
cheers and wish me luck

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:52 am

Hello Unileeds,

All the tips and traps are explained here at these links.
Sending the application form to home offie.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/cou ... ation.html

Arranging the pickup.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/arr ... ments.html

If you feel that any required information is missing at these links, please let me know.
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Get to know everything about EC and HSMP.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:08 am

Hi UniLeeds,

Do not take a chance with Royal Mail. Recently there has been a spurt of cases reported on the forum where documents have been lost by Royal Mail.

Although all cases have been out-of-country applications, if I were you I would not risk losing my original documents.

HTH
hsmppune

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:14 am

I used courier to send my documents and Royal Mail to bring them back. I wanted to make sure they arrived safely but it seemed very complicated to try to courier them back and besides, it would be too late by then, the decision would already have been made.

Most ppl I know have sent their docs by Royal Mail without problems. However, it can be variable: my postman gave me documents to my neighbour - without authority from me - instead of leaving a "collection card" and taking them back to the Post Office. My postman has also left things on the doorstep (not HSMP documents, but other parcels).