ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange Problem!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

virgoguy
Newly Registered

Strange Problem!

Post by virgoguy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:35 am

Dear Group,

The purpose of this post is to make you aware of some of the problems that may happen when you are paying by credit card.

My HSMP application reached on Friday 23 November. However till 2 days no amount was deducted on my credit card (SBI Platinum VISA(global) card)

I called the contact center yesterday, and they said the payment was declined, so the HO is now sending my application back!

I called up the credit card company to know the reason, and they said they do not know WHY!! They suggested TRY AGAIN! I have logged a complain and am awaiting a response from the SBI Card!

I am a bit anxious now as I do not know when my documents will arrive. Also I am not sure if this is considered as a black mark for further processing

Dear group, can someone tell me when I can expect my doucments? will it arrive by normal post? if so how many days....any help is appreciated!

I am planning to send a DD now..!!

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers...

goldfish
Member of Standing

Re: Strange Problem!

Post by goldfish » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:05 am

virgoguy wrote:Also I am not sure if this is considered as a black mark for further processing
No, there will be no "black mark" for future processing.

Good idea to use a different payment method next time.

They will use Royal Mail, usually it takes a day or two (say 3 days to allow time for them to post it which might not be immediate). You might have to go and pick them up at the post office though if they won't fit in your mail box and you aren't home to accept delivery.

My postman left my documents with my next door neighbour !!! passport, degrees, bank statements, .... I was not too pleased about that but when I found an HSMP approval letter as well, I was much happier!

It took about 10 days for them to be posted, payment debited, docs considered, and then posted back. Good luck!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:08 am

Sorry, my post assumed you were in the UK (my application was from London).

If you are outside the UK, let us know where and the forum will be able to give better advice!

virgoguy
Newly Registered

Post by virgoguy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:25 am

My application is from Bangalore

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:23 am

virgoguy wrote:My application is from Bangalore
Oooh, whole different story then. Others could advise better than me.

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:14 pm

Hello Virgoguy,

Sorry to hear about this.
Your documents will take around 5 to 6 working days to reach back. There are cases, it took 3 weeks to 1 month. There won't be any black mark in your future application as said by Goldfish.
You can read the different method of Application fee payments here.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/hsm ... n-fee.html
The methods of sending the application and arranging the pickup are explained here. http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/cou ... ation.html

All the best
Paul

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:40 pm

Even if one regularly makes large overseas purchases on the credit card, it may prove helpful for one to contact the card issuer beforehand to alert them to the planned transaction by Work Permits (UK). Without prior notification, the transaction may be caught in the card issuer's fraud detection filter, and be declined.
AG

shakirpa2002

Re: Strange Problem!

Post by shakirpa2002 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:59 am

hi virgoguy

How did u come to know this situation all most same for me also. My application also received on 28th But the amount is not yet debited i am paying thru ICICI debit card...

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:14 am

Hello Virgoguy, Shakirpa,
Are there any transaction limit for your cards? Just check it out. More details about the HSMP fee payment can be read here.
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/hsm ... n-fee.html

All the best
Paul

shakirpa2002

Num to contact

Post by shakirpa2002 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:50 am

HI

Can any body tell me on which num i should contact home office....

is it 1142 074 074 when i try this num options i am doing is 1 and again 1 which will give a recorded message after that it is getting disconnected

virgoguy
Newly Registered

Post by virgoguy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:24 am

Thanks for your replies guys!!

I had taken all possible precautions!

Just days before I sent my application I had called the Customer support to check I can make International transactions. This card was in regular use in India, so I did not have doubts. Also the transaction limit was well over 100,000 Rs...so that is not an issue also.

I have not got the reason yet from the GOD DAMN credit card company!!

Just hoping I get my documents soon and send it again!!

Thanks!

virgoguy
Newly Registered

Post by virgoguy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:25 am

After 2 days, I called the Customer service...they asked me my DOB and Surname...and told that it had been declined....so if anybody has any doubts, please call up Customer service