ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Appointment at PEO Croyden

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mairahsmp
Newly Registered

ILR Appointment at PEO Croyden

Post by mairahsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:04 am

I am completing 5 years (WP+HSMP) on 03/01/2008 so can apply for ILR after 06/12/2007.

Over the last several days, I have been trying unsucessfully to get a appointment at Croyden PEO (ILR with dependants) and have been told that no appointment is availale right upto Christmas.

I need to get the ILR stamped before Christamas so that I can go out on holidays during Christmas/New Year period, can you please guide me in evaulating the best option:-

a) Appointment at PEO Croyden - any better way to get the appointment before Christmas?

b) Application by post - what are the current timelines? Would I be able to get back the stamps before Christmas?

c) Using a Solicitor - do they have any special quota for same day ILR applications?

I hope that (as usual) the experienced members in the forum can guide me on this issue.

Thanking you
R

vinny

Re: ILR Appointment at PEO Croyden

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:14 am

mairahsmp wrote:b) Application by post - what are the current timelines? Would I be able to get back the stamps before Christmas?
See also Making an application (Service Standards) for what they are currently working on.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SYH
BANNED

Re: ILR Appointment at PEO Croyden

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:41 am

vinny wrote:
mairahsmp wrote:b) Application by post - what are the current timelines? Would I be able to get back the stamps before Christmas?
See also Making an application (Service Standards) for what they are currently working on.
I don't think they are actually accurate
I can't believe all of them are all working on October at the same time.

mairahsmp
Newly Registered

Post by mairahsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:56 am

In fact on the SETO guidance note it says that 70% of applications within 4 weeks and 90% within 14 weeks. On the home office the SLA is being shown as October which implies a waiting time of atleast 4 weeks.

I am keen to complete this formality before Christmas.

Any idea whether Solicitors have a special quote for ILR same day applications at PEO's? I am prepared to pay extra for such service if it promises getting ILR before Christmas.

Thanks

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:30 am

mairahsmp wrote:In fact on the SETO guidance note it says that 70% of applications within 4 weeks and 90% within 14 weeks. On the home office the SLA is being shown as October which implies a waiting time of atleast 4 weeks.

Any idea whether Solicitors have a special quote for ILR same day applications at PEO's? I am prepared to pay extra for such service if it promises getting ILR before Christmas.

Thanks
the do same day service?!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:52 am

Yes, most solicitors and consultants have 'slots', sometimes several per week, that we can use for clients.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:39 pm

mairahsmp wrote:In fact on the SETO guidance note it says that 70% of applications within 4 weeks and 90% within 14 weeks. On the home office the SLA is being shown as October which implies a waiting time of atleast 4 weeks.

Thanks
But that doesnt mean it is accurate. anyway best info is word of mouth, anyone who submitted in November, already given word. If so, then which type of application was it and provide the timeline. That would be more informative. The guidance was drafted and written significantly before current applications. Although I saw an article about a backlog had finally been handled but dont remember which type of files were those.

mairahsmp
Newly Registered

ILR Received

Post by mairahsmp » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:29 pm

I finally got ILR stamped on my passport. I used the premium service and happy with PEO Croydon experience.

Thank you everyone for your guidance