ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation requirement for flr(m)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reda
Member of Standing

Accommodation requirement for flr(m)

Post by reda » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:49 pm

hi everybody
My wife visa will expire soon and I'm aware that i have to submit the same proof as the first spouse visa my concern is about the accommodation,she applied with converted studio flat on the top floor of 4 bedroom house 2 years ago.
we had twins last year and by the time she apply for extension they will be more than one year old
I greed with my landlord will rent me one single room extra for my babies when they reach one year old (for we are not overcrowd)
is it acceptable to have one studio with single room tenancy agreement for family 2 adult with twins boy(one year old)?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Accommodation requirement for flr(m)

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:42 pm

A house is considered to be overcrowded if 2 persons aged 10 years or more of opposite sexes, who are not living together as husband and wife, must sleep in the same room. A child under one year old does not count as a person. A child aged 1-10 years counts as only half a person. Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet and rooms of a type used either as a living room or bedroom. Rooms such as kitche ns or bathrooms are excluded. You will need a property with at least two ROOMS beside kitche n and bathroom. If its shared property then its recommended to get house inspection report from property surveyor

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:02 pm

thank you for your quick response,i already have property inspection report for the same house from her spouse visa 2 years ago(i was occupy only the studio that time)
do i can use that old report again with explanation letter about extra room rent (studio plus extra room more than 50 sq2)?
will be ok if the extra room on question is not on the same floor(under my studio floor)?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:57 pm

reda wrote:thank you for your quick response,i already have property inspection report for the same house from her spouse visa 2 years ago(i was occupy only the studio that time)
do i can use that old report again with explanation letter about extra room rent (studio plus extra room more than 50 sq2)?
will be ok if the extra room on question is not on the same floor(under my studio floor)?
Its always better to not complicate things for entry clearence officers to give him chance to refuse . You need a new inspection report because now you have got kids and additional ROOM and he will verify the condition of house and whether its suitable for couple and twins..i dont see any problem as long as this room is within same property/house. Your twins suppose to live in room nearby if they are just one year old