ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Write to the ECO? Refused because of...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shezzy123
Newly Registered

Write to the ECO? Refused because of...

Post by Shezzy123 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi I'm new to this website and forum.
I'm on my last bits of energy
Applied for my husband settlement visa and we were refused on the grounds of not showing the original marriage certificate and regarding my salary.
My first 5 payslips gross total was £1500 then the 6th month was increased to £1800 which means I'm earning £20100 per annum. Doesnt that mean I'm earning more than what is stated?
Please help me. I've been to so many solicitors they've all said no.
What if I was to wrote to the Entry Clearance Officer? A personal letter to him stating we can prove everything?
Thankyou so much
Waiting for a reply as soon as possible

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Write to the ECO? Refused because of...

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:45 pm

You need to show 6 months payslips consistently equaling the financial requirement. If you submit payslips with different amounts, HO/UKVI/ECO use the lowest figure X 6. So in your case, they have likely used the lower figure and not the higher one.

A £300pm increase is unusual and could also look suspicious in that it was done only to 'meet the requirement'. Did you submit any evidence or documents on this sudden large increase?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:56 pm

And what was submitted for the marriage certificate :?:
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Shezzy123
Newly Registered

Post by Shezzy123 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:18 pm

Wow thankyou so much for your fast replies.
so just because of the lower income Of £1500 they took that into Consideration?
I understand what you mean how it seems dodgy. But I received a letter of contract which stated because of my good work I had an increase in salary.
We never included the original marriage certificate because we thought a certified copy from the solicitors would suffice.
Now of course we wish we had not done that.
Do any of you have any suggestions of a way forward? I was away from my husband for 6 months then I took 1 month holiday to Visit him. And now I'm. Back. I really hope he comes soon.
Is it not possible to write a letter to the Entry clearance officer? I really hope I get some positive feedback that I can do straight away :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:41 pm

You can write if you wish, but the refusal was correct, so not sure what hope to achieve. You are required to submit original documents so that they can be verified/authenticated and you did not meet the financial requirement. You will need 6 months at your new salary.
But I received a letter of contract which stated because of my good work I had an increase in salary.
Did you include this with the application?

How long have you been working in this job?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shezzy123
Newly Registered

Post by Shezzy123 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:15 pm

CR001 wrote:You can write if you wish, but the refusal was correct, so not sure what hope to achieve. You are required to submit original documents so that they can be verified/authenticated and you did not meet the financial requirement. You will need 6 months at your new salary.
But I received a letter of contract which stated because of my good work I had an increase in salary.
Did you include this with the application?

How long have you been working in this job?
I just hoped they would say yes to the visa. I didn't know that about the certificates unfortunately.
6 months would be with the salary of £1800 pounds right
Yes my letter of contract stated my increase of salary from April 2016.
Its been 7 months since I've been working. In that past in 2011 I worked in the same company too then got married so had to leave.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Shezzy123 wrote:
CR001 wrote: Yes my letter of contract stated my increase of salary from April 2016.
Its been 7 months since I've been working. In that past in 2011 I worked in the same company too then got married so had to leave.
Its always better to read about rules and requirements before applying. It seem you still dont know about financial requirement. When you apply under CAT A of salaried employment then they take lowest earning in last 6 months which was £1500 in your case and they multiply it with 12 to count gross annual slary which is £18,000 in your case. You would be fine only if apply after earning £18,00 in last 6 months before the time of application

Shezzy123
Newly Registered

Post by Shezzy123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:25 am

modern_newton wrote:
Shezzy123 wrote:
CR001 wrote: Yes my letter of contract stated my increase of salary from April 2016.
Its always better to read about rules and requirements before applying. It seem you still dont know about financial requirement. When you apply under CAT A of salaried employment then they take lowest earning in last 6 months which was £1500 in your case and they multiply it with 12 to count gross annual slary which is £18,000 in your case. You would be fine only if apply after earning £18,00 in last 6 months before the time of application
Yes you are quite right. Best to know before hand. To be quite honest I never knew about the fact that they look at the lowest income. When I worked it out it added upto £21,100.
Even currently on the gov.uk website it clearly state £18600 per annum but doesn't say anywhere about it being 1 salary every month of the same figures. Only when you open the pdf do we come across it.
Thankyou so much to all of you for your kind help. God bless
Its a matter of re applying now and waiting now for a few months

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:29 am

Shezzy123 wrote:
Yes you are quite right. Best to know before hand. To be quite honest I never knew about the fact that they look at the lowest income. When I worked it out it added upto £21,100.
Even currently on the gov.uk website it clearly state £18600 per annum but doesn't say anywhere about it being 1 salary every month of the same figures. Only when you open the pdf do we come across it.
Gov.UK cannot explain all these things in few page thats why they have got guideline in pdf format for details about how to meet languages and financial requirement etc so you must read all these for better understanding before applying . Your best bet is re-apply but take your time to prepare everything properly. If need help you can post in here .Pray for my pending application as well.. best of luck for future

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:35 am

Members only have the privilege of the PM facility once they have made 30 posts.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:39 am

Casa wrote:Members only have the privilege of the PM facility once they have made 30 posts.
Oh sorry i did not know that..also can you please tell me if its possible to change the user name? I dont want to be newton any more :p

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:50 am

I think if these wages figures are for non salaried then it meet requirement because average of 6 months salary will be considered.
£1500×5=£7500+£1800=£9300/6×12=£18600
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:15 am

seagul wrote:I think if these wages figures are for non salaried then it meet requirement because average of 6 months salary will be considered.
£1500×5=£7500+£1800=£9300/6×12=£18600
yea correct for non salaried

i assumed that she is in salaried employment as has same fix pay for 5 month and just got pay rise recently

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:16 am

modern_newton wrote:
Casa wrote:Members only have the privilege of the PM facility once they have made 30 posts.
Oh sorry i did not know that..also can you please tell me if its possible to change the user name? I dont want to be newton any more :p
Please post your username question in the appropriate sub forum, link below. A bit rude to ask this question in a thread that is not your own.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 83-20.html

Also, kindly refrain from asking members to PM you for advice. Always better to post questions/advice publicly on the forum so that if there are any inaccuracies, these can be corrected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Shezzy123
Newly Registered

Post by Shezzy123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:12 pm

modern_newton wrote:
Shezzy123 wrote:
Gov.UK cannot explain all these things in few page thats why they have got guideline in pdf format for details about how to meet languages and financial requirement etc so you must read all these for better understanding before applying . Your best bet is re-apply but take your time to prepare everything properly. If need help you can post in here .Pray for my pending application as well.. best of luck for future
Yes I totally understand now exactly what needs doing. Thankyou so much once again for your kind help. I wish I had found this forum before. You always learn after the work is done :roll: in my case that is.
I will definitely come. Back for more questions if the need does arise!
You've applied too? I pray you're successful in all of your work and your visa comes swiftly and it's all straightforward :D :D :D

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
modern_newton wrote:
Please post your username question in the appropriate sub forum, link below. A bit rude to ask this question in a thread that is not your own.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 83-20.html

Also, kindly refrain from asking members to PM you for advice. Always better to post questions/advice publicly on the forum so that if there are any inaccuracies, these can be corrected.
Thanks for link. I dont know what you are thinking in your mind but i asked her to post here or PM. I mentioned about PM because sometime no one reply in your topic as happened to me many times so your topic get lost in dozen others topics open everyday . With PM you get the message in your email and can reply it . Is it against forum rule to use this facilility of PM provided by the forums?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:39 pm

Shezzy123 wrote:
modern_newton wrote:
Shezzy123 wrote:
Yes I totally understand now exactly what needs doing. Thankyou so much once again for your kind help. I wish I had found this forum before. You always learn after the work is done :roll: in my case that is.
I will definitely come. Back for more questions if the need does arise!
You've applied too? I pray you're successful in all of your work and your visa comes swiftly and it's all straightforward :D :D :D
Thanks for good wishes. Wish you good luck for future application. I will recommend priority service if you can afford to pay more and prepare the documents well as people are getting decision within weeks

Shezzy123
Newly Registered

Post by Shezzy123 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:42 am

Hello,
I'm back again with new questions.
Praying you're all in the best of health.
How did your application go then? I pray it was a success and you received you visa with ease.

So basically we have to re apply for my husband's spouse visa in October.
In the meantime, it's so hard being away from one another so we thought in the waiting period, my husband could spend time with us.
We've applied for a visitors visa so he can spend quality time with me and my baby.
Do you think they will grant the visa?
And we also wrote a letter of reconsideration.
Anyone have any experience?
Please let me know ASAP.
Kind regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:14 am

Unlikely. A settlement visa application showed intention to settle, whereas a visitor must show the opposite intention.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:52 am

Shezzy123 wrote:Hello,
I'm back again with new questions.
Praying you're all in the best of health.
How did your application go then? I pray it was a success and you received you visa with ease.

So basically we have to re apply for my husband's spouse visa in October.
In the meantime, it's so hard being away from one another so we thought in the waiting period, my husband could spend time with us.
We've applied for a visitors visa so he can spend quality time with me and my baby.
Do you think they will grant the visa?
And we also wrote a letter of reconsideration.
Anyone have any experience?
Please let me know ASAP.
Kind regards
I am still waiting for outcome as applied non priority but who advised you to apply visitor visa? I agree with Vinny . You need to show strong connection back home in order to get visitor visa i.e you tell them that you have family/job back home and must need to come back..so he will be very lucky if he get visitor visa as his intention earlier was to settle in Uk where his wife and kid reside..You should have visited him isntaed of asking him to come here on visitor visa..well wish you good luck

Shezzy123
Newly Registered

Post by Shezzy123 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:20 am

Hello,
Its me again
Praying you're all in the best of health
Did you manage to get your visa then? I really do hope so.
So the latest is me and my spouse will be applying again for the settlement spouse visa very soon.
I was wondering if you could give me any kind of help or pointers which will give us every chance of a successful application
It will be very much appreciated by us
Waiting for your kind replies
Thank you so much

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:15 am

Shezzy123 wrote:Hello,
Its me again
Praying you're all in the best of health
Did you manage to get your visa then? I really do hope so.
So the latest is me and my spouse will be applying again for the settlement spouse visa very soon.
I was wondering if you could give me any kind of help or pointers which will give us every chance of a successful application
It will be very much appreciated by us
Waiting for your kind replies
Thank you so much
I will advice you to prepare all supporting documents i.e Relationship documents, Maintenance documents accommodation documents carefully and apply for priority application as they are being decided much quicker.

6 months payslips(original) if applying under CAT A of salaried and non salaried and you should know how to calculate earning.
6 months bank statements(original) showing same amount as in payslips or printed statement with either stamp on each page or bank letter verifying the authenticity of these statements)
Proof of accommodation(tenancy agreement, council tax and utility bill on your name, House inspection report etc)
Employer letter, Contract of employment etc
Relationship documents(Marriage certificate/nikkah nama,Proof of communication after narrige, Wedding photos Etc)
TB certificate
English language certificate

If you need information about anything specific then let me know