ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship Question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ted313
Newly Registered

Irish Citizenship Question

Post by ted313 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:18 pm

I would like apply for Irish citizenship but I am not sure if I have any course of action. I would appreciate any advice.

I am currently living in the United States. I have recently spent 10 months living/studying in Ireland but I am not sure if this is relevant.

My great-grandmother was born in Ireland, and to my knowledge, my grandfather (born in the United States), obtained an Irish passport. My mother is definitely eligible for citizenship; however, she never applied before I was born. If she registered her foreign birth and obtained Irish citizenship now, do I have any course of action.

My only other thought is I wonder if I could apply for naturalisation through my Irish association? I don't know that having a great-grandmother and grandfather who were Irish citizens, as well as spending just under a year in Ireland, is enough of a claim.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Citizenship Question

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Best to talk to the department of foreign affairs OR to the Irish embassy. I think you have great chances to claim citizenship through your ancestors.

Good Luck