ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement, Degree vs SELT tests

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sapgeek
Newly Registered
India

English requirement, Degree vs SELT tests

Post by sapgeek » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi gurus,

Please advice on my situation.
I'd used my degree certificate for original T2(G) and subsequent visa extension to satisfy language requirement, just by submitting original degree during the visa process along with the printout of online calculator. Since now it is mandatory to get the degree certified by NARIC, who needs original degree, mark sheets and a letter from university, I am unable to source the remaining documents due to various reasons.

My question is if I can just clear a SELT test from trinity and show that as proof for my ILR application and if so , should that be at B1 level or something different.
Appreciate your kind response.

Thanks

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: English requirement, Degree vs SELT tests

Post by Noetic » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Yes you can do a Trinity test even if you have a degree in English. Their website lets you select what you need the test for and will only let you select appropriate ones for booking.

https://www.trinityselt.co.uk/OEWeb/loadExamDtl.do

sapgeek
Newly Registered
India

Re: English requirement, Degree vs SELT tests

Post by sapgeek » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:36 am

Thanks for your response Noetic and this clarifies my query.
I was just wondering if showing a different mode of proof other than presented during original visa (T2G)
would call for a query from the case worked during ILR processing :roll: .