ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish citizen visiting UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

weeno
Newly Registered

Spouse of Irish citizen visiting UK

Post by weeno » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi All,

I am an Irish citizen and my Non EU partner wish to travel with me to the UK. My question is can she travel with me without getting a UK visa also we have a child who is an Irish citizen and travelling with us. We have to to travel on emergency basis otherwise we could apply for UK visa. Please share your experience thanks.

noajthan

Re: Spouse of Irish citizen visiting UK

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 pm

weeno wrote:Hi All,

I am an Irish citizen and my Non EU partner wish to travel with me to the UK. My question is can she travel with me without getting a UK visa also we have a child who is an Irish citizen and travelling with us. We have to to travel on emergency basis otherwise we could apply for UK visa. Please share your experience thanks.
It may be possible:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... to-travel/
Be prepared for questions and delay.

If flying it may depend on an airline letting you board.
Some members have reported success but others have reported being denied boarding even with an EU RC.
Your mileage may vary.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.