ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre startup costs

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Pre startup costs

Post by Ali272 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:00 am

Hi

I am on Tier 1 GE and spent almost £3k on market research and other costs before setting up my company from my own wallet. Is there anyway I can transfer these costs to my company and record them as an expense in my management accounts as I want to switch to the main category in September?

regards,

Dangerous Dragon

Re: Pre startup costs

Post by Dangerous Dragon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Ali272

I guess there will be an option to mention that you spent some amount from your pocket on company but it has to be done like 6 months (not sure 6 or 12 months) before the application date This info is for T1 Ent main category dont know if this can be applied to T1 GE to T1 Ent switch over and

you should be able to put it in your management accounts if you have invoices on your company name and payment receipts in your personnel credit or debit card statement.