ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue in Earning Section

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sumne
Newly Registered

Issue in Earning Section

Post by sumne » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi,
I am planning to apply for HSMP this/next week. Today I went to collect the letter from my employer stating my gross and net income for last 12 months. Since they didnt agree with the format I gave, I thought of getting 12 salary slips attested from the employer. They agreed to attest all salary slips, but on one condition. They want to know the reason why I want such a letter and they would write the same reason upon each salary slip saying this is for such specific reason. Since I couldnt tell them that I am applying for HSMP, I told I need this for housing loan purpose. Now they have attested all the salary slips, but with the reason upon each salary slips.
My question is,
1. will HSMP body agree to such a letter which is attested by employer but a wrong reason written on it?
2. Can I give 12 attested salary slips in case I cannot get a letter stating my last 12 months net and gross salary was this much?

Thanks for your response in advance,
sumne

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 pm

Both your questions are answered at the section 'Salary Slips' in the link http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/ear ... ments.html
Can you please have a look.

Cheers
Paul
www.ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Get to know everything about EC and HSMP.

SYH
BANNED

Re: Issue in Earning Section

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:35 pm

sumne wrote:Hi,
I am planning to apply for HSMP this/next week. Today I went to collect the letter from my employer stating my gross and net income for last 12 months. Since they didnt agree with the format I gave, I thought of getting 12 salary slips attested from the employer. They agreed to attest all salary slips, but on one condition. They want to know the reason why I want such a letter and they would write the same reason upon each salary slip saying this is for such specific reason. Since I couldnt tell them that I am applying for HSMP, I told I need this for housing loan purpose. Now they have attested all the salary slips, but with the reason upon each salary slips.
My question is,
1. will HSMP body agree to such a letter which is attested by employer but a wrong reason written on it?
2. Can I give 12 attested salary slips in case I cannot get a letter stating my last 12 months net and gross salary was this much?

Thanks for your response in advance,
sumne
I dont see what difference it made and why they had to know what the purpose is.

cottongear

Post by cottongear » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:44 pm

I am also almost sailing in the same boat. Since I am asking in a specific format they ask what is the purpose - they may just want to know or may be they would like to mention the reason why this letter was provided to the employee.
But, its been little tough to handle. I could get all the external letters(medium of instruction, NARIC letter, bank statments etc) pretty fast but caught up badly with employer letters.

Any special trick to get it done ? I know it depends lot on company to company and how willing the payroll / HR to help one.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Just say you like to have records for future use. You always need a salary verification for something and it is inconvenient to do it after the fact. In fact tell them you want one every year so all your ducks are in a row. HSMP applicant

Tibu

Hi.

Post by Tibu » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:19 pm

From my office also same thing is happening, they have written like
"for Housing loan" on the Wage slip.
I guss this is not a problem since my friend also did the same way and got HSMP approved. i am also trying out my luck..... lets wait and see...

Paulhsmp

Re: Hi.

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:24 pm

Hello Tibu,
There is problem if it is written as "for housing loan" in your wage slip.
But are you planning to get 12 different different payslips, which say "for housing loan".

If you have 5 minutes, please read this link
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/ear ... ments.html
It may help you a lot.
Just give a try.

Cheers
paul

Tibu wrote:From my office also same thing is happening, they have
written like
"for Housing loan" on the Wage slip.
I guss this is not a problem since my friend also did the same way and got HSMP approved. i am also trying out my luck..... lets wait and see...

prem12

Re: Hi.

Post by prem12 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:29 pm

In may case, the letter from employer, it was mentioned that the letter is being issued for the purpose of loan, but my salary slips did not have any such stuff.

I got the approval. Though my case is not very close to those mentioned in this thread, I think it should not be a problem. Even the caseworkers know that the employer may not be willing to stamp & sign, just like that. In fact somethng like this jotted on salary slips make it all the more reliable.
________
Kluger
Last edited by prem12 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:36 pm

Paul what is the deal with your advertising of your website.
It isn't even accurate, you keep saying any 12 months out of 15
thats wrong, the 12 months must be consequetive.
That is a big pitfall people fall into and for you to be tooting your website magnificence. You have a lot of nerve with a glaring error like that.
what is your problem, why don't you just answer the question, instead of making people go to your website?
Are you trying to win a contest as to the most clicked website?

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:53 pm

Hello SYH,

I think it is you, who have to get more clarification on this. The 12 months need not be consecutive. I can tell this 100% because I have got HSMP approval in April 2007 and my 12 months were not consecutive.

Also can you please show anywhere in the HSMP guidelines saying that the months has to be consecutive.

It is always better to keep all the information in a browse-able format instead of keep giving same clarifications and same replies to hundreds of people.

No offence meant.

Regards
Paul
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com
Last edited by Paulhsmp on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:59 pm

Paulhsmp wrote:Hello SYH,

I think it is you, who have to get more clarification on this. The 12 months need not be consecutive. I can tell this 100% because I have got HSMP approval in April 2007. My 12 months were not consecutive.

Also can you please show anywhere in the HSMP guidelines saying that the months has to be consecutive.

It is always better to keep all the information in a browse-able format instead of keep giving same clarifications and same replies to hundreds of people.

No offence meant.

Regards
Paul
It is consecutive, (you can miss a month if you want but it has to be within 12 month period.) it is clearly listed in the guidance and common knowledge on the forum. You probably had enough based within 12 month period

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:03 pm

I think the following is the point that SYH was underscoring about the consecutive 12 months (to which the guidance notes also refer as a '12 month period', implying continuity in the period), taken from the 8-aug-07 guidance notes, p27 (boldface emphasis mine).
28. We will assess your gross earnings before tax over a total period of up to 12 months out of the 15 months immediately prior to your application. The earnings can be for any consecutive 12-month period out of the last 15 months. There can be gaps in employment within this 12 month period. However, the cumulative earnings total will still need to meet the earnings threshold claimed against. This applies if you are in salaried or non-salaried employment. You should indicate the start and end date of the period claimed on the application form. If you claim for a period exceeding/outside the 12 months out of a 15-month period prior to the application date, we will assess the 12 months directly prior to the application date.

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:04 pm

NO. It is not.
It can be any 12 months out of previous 15 months.

I am repeating once again...

Can you please show anywhere in the HSMP guidelines saying that the months has to be consecutive. Or atleast can you show it in any of the Home office websites FAQs.

You will not be able to do this because you are wrong.

Paul
SYH wrote:

It is consecutive, (you can miss a month if you want but it has to be within 12 month period.) it is clearly listed in the guidance and common knowledge on the forum. You probably had enough based within 12 month period

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:09 pm

Paul I am not going to find it for you. Other people on the forum will come on to tell you the same thing. the 12 months must be consecutive. And gordon just posted it anyway

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:12 pm

I disagree very strongly with you on this point. While there might have been room for misinterpretation of what might constitute the '12 months' in earlier guidance notes, the revisions in June 07 and August 07 made quite explicit the caseworkers' expectations on this count. Please see the excerpt from the aug07 guidance notes above.
Paulhsmp wrote:NO. It is not.
It can be any 12 months out of previous 15 months.

I am repeating once again...

Can you please show anywhere in the HSMP guidelines saying that the months has to be consecutive. Or atleast can you show it in any of the Home office websites FAQs.

You will not be able to do this because you are wrong.

Paul

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:18 pm

You only came up with some 'Mistake' in my blog.
You should be having some point to justify your statement.

I have 100% justification for what I am saying because I am telling this from my own experience.
SYH wrote:Paul I am not going to find it for you.
You are telling this in such a way that I have requested you for some service and you are not ready to do this for me.
SYH wrote:Other people on the forum will come on to tell you the same thing. the 12 months must be consecutive. And gordon just posted it anyway
This is not a justification for your point. But I don't mind waiting for response from others. Whatever they say I am 100% sure about my points.

Also please don't take this as offensive... Please read the HSMP guidelines atleast once before you start guiding others.

Cheers
Paul

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:31 pm

Paulhsmp wrote:You only came up with some 'Mistake' in my blog.
You should be having some point to justify your statement.
Because I know the rules

I have 100% justification for what I am saying because I am telling this from my own experience. You just got lucky
SYH wrote:Paul I am not going to find it for you.
You are telling this in such a way that I have requested you for some service and you are not ready to do this for me. I am not going to find something that is practical common knowledge
SYH wrote:Other people on the forum will come on to tell you the same thing. the 12 months must be consecutive. And gordon just posted it anyway
This is not a justification for your point. But I don't mind waiting for response from others. Whatever they say I am 100% sure about my points. Go look at Gordon's post. You are wrong.

Also please don't take this as offensive... Please read the HSMP guidelines atleast once before you start guiding others. Umm I read the guidelines, have you. You dont know what I read so don't assume it, buddy
I just find suspicious your need to self proclaim yourself as some kind of authority on the matter. When there others like victoria and avjones who clearly would be more trustworthy

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:32 pm

But Paul, that may have been your experience, but that's no longer relevant ! The guidance notes have been revised since you applied for initial approval, and if you want your blog to be helpful to other people, it should reflect those changes. Please see my post from 5.03pm; I am sure that you would not want to mislead potential applicants in what you advise in your blog. AG

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:34 pm

My understanding is that you can claim for any consecutive 12 months out of the last 15, but there can be gaps in Employment. So if I wanted to claim for January to December, but was out of work for March, I would still have to show that I met the criteria in my payments for January to December despite that month unemployed. I could not say "okay, in which case I will claim for December to February then April to December" as these would not be consecutive months.

The only time this is different is if the break is due to full time studies or, as we have recently argued, maternity leave.

Paul, I used to think as you do, and I am pretty sure that the last lot of guidance notes did not use the word consecutive. But the notes Gordon has referred to are pretty clear.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:35 pm

gordon wrote:But Paul, that may have been your experience, but that's no longer relevant ! The guidance notes have been revised since you applied for initial approval, and if you want your blog to be helpful to other people, it should reflect those changes. Please see my post from 5.03pm; I am sure that you would not want to mislead potential applicants in what you advise in your blog. AG
good point gordon.
Even if you are trying to help. The ho changes its rules as often as it changes its underwear (I hope that they do) In any case, your experience isn't consistent with the rules today.
However I still have a problem with your self promotion of your website. It just looks like some kind of self glorification to me, especially how you have to quote it every single time in your posts.

Paulhsmp

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Hello SYH and all others,

I admit my mistake.
I saw gordon's reply (5.03) only now.

Sorry. I was referring to the old guidelines document.

I will go through the new guidelines note.
Also I am ready to remove my posts, whereever I said against SYH.

But my intention was to help others.
I am from India. The agents here is asking for 50,000 INR for the support for HSMP, which is really a big amount for a common person in India. I thought of doing a bit of help. I am not an agent or consultant of HSMP. Also I have not yet taken a single penny from anyone with regard to HSMP.

Apologies...
Paul.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:22 pm

Paulhsmp wrote:Hello SYH and all others,

I admit my mistake.
I saw gordon's reply (5.03) only now.

Sorry. I was referring to the old guidelines document.

I will go through the new guidelines note.
Also I am ready to remove my posts, whereever I said against SYH.

But my intention was to help others.
I am from India. The agents here is asking for 50,000 INR for the support for HSMP, which is really a big amount for a common person in India. I thought of doing a bit of help. I am not an agent or consultant of HSMP. Also I have not yet taken a single penny from anyone with regard to HSMP.

Apologies...
Paul.
You dont have to remove the other posts.
Its just good to know you are trying help.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:27 pm

Hi Paul,

Your cause to help people out is noble, and is well appreciated by everyone. All of us went through the same tribulations, but no one thought of coming up with an all-answers blog. Kudos to you.

However, I agree with SYH on the fact that your blogs link as a reply to each query does look like propaganda.

I have a suggestion, you can put in the link to your blog in one post, and request that it be made sticky.

Thanks again for the help you are providing people. Too bad you were not around when I applied for initial approval via a consultant. ;)

Cheers
hsmppune

uk_amit
Newly Registered

I support you

Post by uk_amit » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:25 am

Hi Paul,

Your intention to help others is really appreciable. Not everyone will have a good heart like yours. I found your blog as one of the best source of hsmp information available in the net. Please don't give up. Keep doing your great work. I support you.

Cheers
Amit.