ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

incorporating in HU and residency permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cosimo777
Newly Registered

incorporating in HU and residency permit

Post by cosimo777 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:30 am

I read that one can incorporate fairly easily in Hungary and with this corporation obtain a residency permit. Anyone heard of this or done this?
Im a non-EU citizen who wants to live and teach in Budapest. My concern is that I might not get employment (which would start residency permits) in the 3 months allowed by the Schengen Agreement. If I were to incorporate and have residency I would have more time to find a job legally. I have resources to support myself before finding work. I just want to make sure I dont have to leave before finding employment and getting legal residency and work permits
Thanks

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:44 pm

What exactly do you mean by "incorporate"?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Dawie wrote:What exactly do you mean by "incorporate"?
Think he means form a limited company and automatically be allowed to reside in Hungary. Simple, eh! PR is soo easy in the EU!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Somehow I don't think you can just form a limited company and get residency. If it was that easy the whole world would be doing it!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:45 pm

A lot of countries including the U.S allow for a non national to get residency if they invest a suitable amount in a business or start a business and provide employment to a certain number of locals.

See investment visa

I am not sure about the rules for hungary.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:56 pm

archigabe wrote:A lot of countries including the U.S allow for a non national to get residency if they invest a suitable amount in a business or start a business and provide employment to a certain number of locals.

See investment visa

I am not sure about the rules for hungary.
Same for UK really. But I don't think Mr ordinary can do it anywhere, ur gonna need serious wonga in the bank....

Fairtrade

Post by Fairtrade » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:37 am

You would still have to do the citizenship + language test in Hungary. I heard Hungarian is very difficult.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:47 am

Fairtrade wrote:You would still have to do the citizenship + language test in Hungary. I heard Hungarian is very difficult.
It is, it's similar to Finnish and Estonian. All these languages are hugely complex, being inflected, a serious learning curve for the non-inflected language (like English) speaker.

Russian is hard enough as I keep saying, with it's 6 noun inflections, German as four simpler ones, and Finnish (and presumably Hungarian and Estonian) have 15. Killer!

Sze
Newly Registered

Post by Sze » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:36 pm

I know Americans who have formed their own 'BT' and have got residence through this. Not sure about how much, but you do need to hire a lawyer and an accountant - the figure that I've heard is around 200.000 HUF but I suspect it's probably more than that.

So yes it is possible, and you don't have to have serious cash to do it.