ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa appeal - How long does it take

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doobyub
Newly Registered

Visit Visa appeal - How long does it take

Post by doobyub » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:35 am

Hi All,

I submitted a visit visa applictaion fo my sisrter inlaw, to be with us during the birth of our child in the UK.
The ECo refused the appliaction in Islamabad on ground that there was no sufficient proof of her background in pakistan and that they were not satisfied that she is going to Uk for visit purposes.

We submitted the appeal last thrusday the 22nd Nov with addional supporting docs. Does anyone know how long it will take as we have not heard anything back yet? Just my wife is due to give birth in 2 weeks and we really need her help.

Thanks for your help in advance.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:39 pm

Unless the ECO overturns his decision, I am afraid it is unlikely that she will be here for the birth of the baby.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

doobyub
Newly Registered

Post by doobyub » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:09 pm

what are the chances that the ECo overturns the original Decision?
thanks

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:23 pm

doobyub wrote:what are the chances that the ECo overturns the original Decision?
thanks
Not likely in two weeks

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:12 pm

very unlikely they overturn the decision...it will most probably go to appeal. last year ours took about 4 months.