ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does an EEA Dependant ink stamp look like?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ninmurai
Newly Registered
Portugal

What does an EEA Dependant ink stamp look like?

Post by ninmurai » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:00 am

Hi there,

We entered the UK via Harwich International Port back in April under Surinder Singh rules (me UK national, my partner non-EEA national) without a Family Permit and using only our Article 10 Residence Card issued by another country. At the border we explicitly asked for entry under European Directive rules and the officer complied (but did ask for a supervisor because he was a little unsure what to do himself).

It was pretty clear we were moving here for the long term as our car was stuffed full due to moving house.

We were granted entry without much of a fuss, but our entry stamp looks like the one uploaded - i.e. identical to a tourist stamp. Note that it does not mention anything about "no recourse to public funds" or "work prohibited" or anything else like that.

Since Code 1A was decommissioned, there has been sparse information over the internet about what the EEA dependant stamp looks like. I sort of expected somewhere in the stamp to mention "6 months" or "EEA Regulations" or similar, but there's none of that in our stamp.

Did we get the correct stamp? Or could someone who has entered under similar circumstances to us upload their version?

Many thanks!
Attachments
146572524158651.jpeg
146572524158651.jpeg (37.83 KiB) Viewed 1759 times

vinny

Re: What does an EEA Dependant ink stamp look like?

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:10 am

See also Meaning of stamp "Leave to enter UK is given for 6 month.

Under the Immigration Act, if they haven't put a time limit on the entry stamp, then it's deemed to be valid for six months (6(1)).
wish_uk wrote:Yes we got entry stamp.

And my passport stamp says
"Admitted to Uk under immigration(EEA) regulations 2006 For six months"
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ninmurai
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by ninmurai » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Thanks Vinny!

Since our stamp does not mention the EEA Regulations, do I infer that we have not been admitted under such a procedure? If so that would be strange because there cannot be any doubting which type of admission we were after!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:25 pm

I am not sure what you can infer from the stamp. What the Immigration Officer wrote down on the landing card may be significant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ninmurai
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by ninmurai » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:26 pm

vinny wrote:I am not sure what you can infer from the stamp. What the Immigration Officer wrote down on the landing card may be significant.
We did not present a landing card! We filled one, but he let us through without us ever handing it over :shock:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:06 pm

ninmurai wrote:
vinny wrote:I am not sure what you can infer from the stamp. What the Immigration Officer wrote down on the landing card may be significant.
We did not present a landing card! We filled one, but he let us through without us ever handing it over :shock:
Have a rummage through this BF Ops Manual. Its dated but its the only version I could find. (Your mileage may vary).

Ref section 5.5 and note references to "landing card":
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ndents.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:17 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.