ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FIRST 9 months is not in use for extention???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nionlight
Member of Standing

FIRST 9 months is not in use for extention???

Post by nionlight » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:48 am

hi all, i am in the UK. searching for jobs. the jobs scenario is not looking so promising till now. all the chrismas hiring is done. dont knonw what is yet come. anyway, just want to make sure, for extention we are not accountable for first 9 months is it? because it says we have to worry about 12 months of last 15 months before submitting for extention? so it means it doesnt matter what kind of job or at all no job we do in the first year? is it? please confirm
thanks

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:52 am

Not sure what you mean,
You can do any job you want, if you don't work, that's fine too
but you are still responsible for making in a year's time, a certain salary to earn points in each section of your extension application.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:57 am

syh thanks for reply. will i be responsible for making that specified salary even the first year? or its only for last year? since i got 2 years visa, isn't it that the last year is counted? please clearify

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:29 pm

nionlight wrote:syh thanks for reply. will i be responsible for making that specified salary even the first year? or its only for last year? since i got 2 years visa, isn't it that the last year is counted? please clearify
the renewal application states what is required in terms of income for renewal after 2 years versus 1 year
Look at the application and guidance please

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:46 pm

nionlight wrote:syh thanks for reply. will i be responsible for making that specified salary even the first year? or its only for last year? since i got 2 years visa, isn't it that the last year is counted? please clearify
Your assumption is right.......With the present rules (thinking that the rules are going to remain same by the time you apply) they are just asking for last 12 months earnings details out of 15 months prior to your application date. Also you cant leave the extension application till the last month, so in a way you can say "First 8 months is not in use for extension"... once again i want to remind you, this is according to the present rules and you have seen that the rules are keep changing......so you have to wait until your time comes up :roll: :roll: :roll: and you can have some :shock: :shock: or :D :D ...good luck